TTT Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Trouble in Terrorist Town' started by Kaiden, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

EDIT: TTT is now live again and popularity is growing. You can join it from any BB server by typing /portal and selecting it, or the IP is 96.44.144.132:27015. You can use /csc in-game to talk to other servers.

So TTT got a bit neglected over time and managed to end up in a state where it didn't really work (framerate/animation lag etc). Teddi's worked on this recently and the gamemode should be running correctly again.

With more people donating for Platinum it'd be great for them to have multiple active servers to enjoy the benefits on (TTT includes double credits and lifted store limitations for instance).

We've always been slightly anti-custom TTT in terms of store weapons etc, favoring a more vanilla approach. But I'm going to look into changing that up, and if anyone has any feedback for TTT in general (maybe you've played on a server in the past and liked a particular mod it had etc), it'd be great to here it.

Will be working with Teddi over next few weeks to see the viability of getting the server active again.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Yeah I feel like it's pretty much necessary to have some sort of custom weapons in order to be popular. Not a bad thing as the source weapons were always a bit frustrating to balance.

3. Kaiden

Yeah I think so; will just have to look into what's popular currently and go from there really. And yeah I think as long as you don't go over-board (cause I've seen some pretty retarded weapons on TTT), it's acceptable.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

TTT has been updated with the latest edition of BBase and TTT itself. Give it a whirl!

Kaiden likes this.
  5. 12max345

12max345 Member

jihad bomb, thats a good one

6. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

One thing that I really think the bb ttt server needs that other servers have: When you are a traitor and you aim your gun at another traitor it should show that they're a traitor. The reason is that a lot of traitors aren't noticing the message in the top right corner which tells who the other traitors are so they end up killing their teammate. Also, same for innocents who aim at a detective. Plus when you are a detective your voice chat should show up blue for everyone but it only does for yourself. Glad to see the server up and fully running nonetheless!

7. Kaiden

Generally a traitor should have a red icon above their heads, and their name should appear in red for other T's, is this not happening? And yeah should be the same as detective. In Teddi's defence we never had enough testers for multiple T's/Detective's to join, but am sure it can be fixed.

And the voice chat one is interesting, again can be sorted am sure.

On addons, any that contribute positively can be looked at. Teddi's said Jihad bomb won't be added, but closest you can get is you can blow up your c4 with a few shots/hits.

--------

Otherwise it seemed a successful launch which I'm sure the regular surf players joining helped with. At 8am GMT there were 14 non-regular players on TTT. Quickly joined before work and didn't see any major issues, just a few with low karma, but their damage would be so reduced I doubt they could do much.

8. Teddi

I'll get the traitor statuses fixed and updated when I can. It should be doing that but if it isn't, well eep.

As Kaiden has stated Jihad bomb will never be added - but there is a compromise whereby you can crowbar the C4 5 times (once activated) and it'll blow up prematurely. This gives you a similar effect but nerfs quite a bit of the problems the Jihad bomb has.

9. Teddi

I've gone ahead and pushed an update which should fix the networking of traitors / detectives to players.

CrystalCastles likes this.
  10. CrystalCastles

Sweet, one more suggestion I forgot to add last night: anyway we could get a reduction on the cool down time for when the mic bar runs out? We already don't get to talk for long and the cooldown certainly doesn't help when the bar already takes so long to refill. Though I personally don't really know why there's a time limit. I've seen it on a couple of servers and then other servers don't have one at all so I'm curious about its reason for being there. Thanks for fixing that stuff though and I'll be sure to let you know of any other bugs and such I may notice.

11. Teddi

If I remember we had it mostly due to micspammers back in the day. If I remember correctly though Platinum Members weren't affected by it. I may have accidentally removed that feature however and can look to reinstate it.

12. Kaiden

I guess we had that feature when it was 40/40 every night though, probably could disable it for now, and if it picks up properly and/or gets out of control, could always re-enable it.

13. CrystalCastles

Got this script error every time I was a T today. Not sure if it's just me but this was the error.

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_tbuttons.lua:97: attempt to call method 'GetUsableRange' (a nil value)
    1. Draw - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_tbuttons.lua:97
    2. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_hud.lua:341

14. Teddi

I'll get this checked out in a bit then, interesting error though.

15. Teddi

Fixed the error. Also fixed some internal BB modifications not loading as well (eg traitor testers not getting removed and so on).

I've also added the ability to now RTV.

16. Kaiden

It seems Plat perks aren't enabled, can we get additional credits and rebuys re-enabled? Also Ender wants + Punch o Meter for Plat, which could be fun.

17. Teddi

I'm considering not re-implementing the additional credits / rebuys enabled given how fundamentally they do change the game for the worst.

Essentially I'm looking to return the mic limit immunity and the punch power. I may also add in excemption (and / or increased chance) to become Traitor as those aren't really overpowering - just preferential treatment.

Edit: I may also return the extra credit, but I'm really weight up if that is overpowered / pay2win really as it does give an advantage, but how much of one is the question.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  18. Kaiden

People are generally commenting the chat/mic limits are too harsh and people are dying due to them.

I think some perks are needed, either multiple rebuys (can exclude knife) or more credits, otherwise there's just no point donating for it as it stands.

19. Teddi

Mic limits have been relaxed which should go live next changelevel. Pending next update +1 credit to Plat members (regardless of role ie trait / det) and Platinum get immunity to mic limits.

20. Kaiden

So all items except the knife can be brought multiple times, so multiple C4 etc is possible which is cool. Just got to decide on the +1 credit perk really.

Otherwise yeah mic chat should be cool now. Realistically mic/music spammers will just get killed each round, probs doesn't happen loads on TTT, but can see.