What video games are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Kaiden, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I still don't get why they're calling it Battlefield 1 all of a sudden? There are like, 20 games in that series at this point.

Also I'd like for Mighty # 9 to come out already.

2. Fishy

Fishy Member

Yeah, two of their larger games were Battlefield 3 & 4, not sure why they chose to go for Battlefield 1.

As for myself, not really looking forward to any games that have been announced yet, usually pretty hard for me to get hyped for games. I am however patiently waiting for the next Elder Scrolls after all the time I've spent on Skyrim.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Deus Ex mostly for myself. Battlefield 1 I'm unlikely to get, unless it magically turns into 2143!

4. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

I've only just recently bought Battlefield 4 so that I could get an idea of what the series is about. I would like to eventually play some of the older ones, though.

5. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

Oh yeah, what I want most is Elder Scrolls 6, but I have a feeling that we will be waiting quite a while for that.

6. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Not looking forward to anything too much at this point, No Man's Sky will be neat.

7. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

The reason it's called Battlefield 1 is because it's about world war 1 lol. And I'm looking forward to the next South Park game, Stick of Truth was brilliant. Also interested in the new Final Fantasy game since they're ditching turn based combat for a more Kingdom Hearts style combat system.

8. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Has any FF game been decent since 10? (excluding the MMOs). I sort of catch glimpses of them but haven't got into any, which is a shame as I enjoyed 7 through to 10 (and 10 x2 minus hurr girl power).

9. Bunz

Bunz [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 were quite the game when you immerse yourself in the story; the cutscenes are quite long but allow for a good grasp on the plot. Final Fantasy 15 looks hype and I'm as excited as ever to play it when it comes out. People love 12, I cannot speak on behalf of that party, it was underwhelming imho.

10. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

I never got to finish X because I only ever rented it as a kid, but personally IX had to be my favorite. I got more immersed in that one than any others. It's a shame I don't have that ps3 anymore and my save file lost. I was really far into the game.
    Edit: What I did play of X was awesome, forgot to mention that part.

11. Kaiden

12 launched on like the previous generation console to what was out or something oddly, I recall playing it on PS2 and graphics were pretty bad for the time, and I didn't get far in. Apparently remaking FF7, will see if it sux or not. Might have to take a look at 15 though! Doesn't seem any game has matched 7 or 8's hype yet.

12. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

FF5 is clearly the best, you all can get out.

Yeah, it might be neat if it ever actually releases.

13. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I feel bad for the developers, everyone is hyping this game up to be the best thing since sliced bread when they were just trying to make something they enjoyed creating. Now they are probably going to overthink the content.

14. Kaiden

So debating whether to pre-order No Man's Sky or not. It's full price (UK) of £40 currently, and while it definitely looks fun, I've seen no arguments against A) It'll get boring quick and B) It won't live up to the hype.

It definitely looks like an interesting game, that's breaking new ground only possible in the last couple of years, but the choice to make it (basically) single player is lost on me. Fair enough you're universes apart, but it's implied eventually you'll get hyper-drives powerful enough to traverse them, and at that point it'd be great to have a group system with your friends to go be space pirates (because all I want in life is a Firefly videogame).

What do people think about it, many pre-ordering/getting it? Obligatory trailer if people somehow haven't heard of it below. I'm all for sandbox games (hey I play Gmod enough), but trying to decide if it's worth full price.

I love the idea of flying into a solar system and discovering a planet inhabited by a clan, but it just seems purposefully designed to prevent stuff like this.

(Also on up-coming games, new Deus Ex title next month (woo), and it's much cheaper on CD-keys.com than Steam currently, would advise taking a look).

15. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It seems quite good for what it is and I've not heard any bad reviews of it s far.

My only real worry is it's just a more colourful borderlands :<

16. Ender

Ender Member MVP

Yes.

17. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

Eh, I just wouldn't even touch preorders. It's safer IMO to wait for the game to come out and see some more reviews outside of IGN and similar websites.

18. Ender

Ender Member MVP

I understand this cautionary mindset but with No Man's Sky it seems like a game you gotta experience yourself and its not like the times of old where once your pre-order there's no going back steam refund still allows you to refund after 2 hours. Enjoy it in those 2 hours? you got yourself a fun game with pre-order bonuses. Don't like it? you can just refund ^^.

19. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

Makes sense. Didn't really think about that. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, that's just what I'd do.

20. Ulapin

Ulapin Member

Not a big sonic fan but I'm kinda excited

CrystalCastles likes this.