Pokemon GO Thread

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Brinker, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Brinker

Brinker Member

I went to the park after eating dinner today. We never even planned on going and ended up spending 2 hours there! I caught around 20-30 Pokemon. Literally everyone I saw was looking down at their phones playing Pokemon GO! Just look at this picture I took!

*Share your Pokemon GO moments here!!

http://puu.sh/q39xF/0b1804352e.png

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

It's a fandom that I don't really get. I have a gaming PC and a laptop, don't really use my mobile phone for games at all. Watching the grown men (30+) at my work go out on their lunch break driving looking for pokemon would be hilarious if it wasn't just sad though.

No idea, I played Gold, Ruby and a few others (possibly Red/Blue back in the day as well), but this latest one I don't really get. Probably in the minority given its massive popularity though.

It's concerning in America I keep reading "Pokemon Go players stumble across dead body" though...twice in 2 weeks? D:

3. Brinker

Brinker Member

Lol I saw that one, Two people stumbled off a cliff as well. They are just injured, not dead.

4. eth9n

eth9n [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Pokemon GO is very popular in my area and just about everywhere you go you'll see people walking around staring at their phones catching some Pokemon. I really enjoy playing it as a little side game when I'm out around my town or in the car going somewhere. I've gotten my fair share of Pokemon in these past few days, take a look:
    [​IMG]

5. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

I really have no interest in the game. It's just a fad that I hope will die off. You can never escape the game if you're on Twitter or any social media. Everywhere I go online, I see Pokemon Go. And if I say just one thing bad about it or say why I don't like it, people will just start calling me a jerk because I don't like their favorite game. I really hope it dies off eventually, it really bothers me.

6. eth9n

Any specific reason for disliking the game?

7. |Sneaks|

|Sneaks| Guest

the game looks so cool. it really opens the door to the next generation of games

8. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

It's just not something I'm into. I've also heard that it's pretty glitchy and the servers are always going offline.

9. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Niantic was pretty much forced to release their game early, in an unstable state, to reach the Q2 release that Google had put on them to receive additional funding. Pretty much why the game is in such an unstable state. But I'm having loads of fun with it, I'm level 17 and on Team Instinct with my top two Pokemon around 1100 CP. It's a fun way to go out with friends and just walk and take gyms for hours. Usually after my 8 hr work shifts doing nothing but unloading pallets of freight I'm in no mood to walk around for miles a day but somehow this game has got me out in about instead of going home and passing out till my next shift. Good on Niantic for making a game that people can enjoy and use to stay active and get out more.

Kaiden likes this.
  10. eth9n

Team Instinct... pfft ;)

11. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'm enjoying it to be honest. Gives me more of a reason to leave the house and has been a decent conversational point between myself and my new co-workers.

eth9n likes this.
  12. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Me and my coworkers have never been so unproductive at work because of this game, lol.

Filthy non-Instinct players, DISGUSTING. :confused:

13. Brinker

Brinker Member

For those of you who didn't know, there is an Eevee Easter Egg. Depending on what you name your Eevee, you will get Vaporeon, Flareon, or Jolteon. If you name your Eevee to "Rainer", you will get Vaporeon (my favorite). If you name Eevee "Sparky", you will get Jolteon, If you name Eevee "Pyro", you will get Flareon! Make sure to rename them BEFORE evolving, and if you rename them right before evolving, restart the app just to make sure the name is stuck since the servers are unstable.

eth9n likes this.
  14. eth9n

Just did this yesterday and got a CP 1003 Vaporeon!

15. Brinker

Brinker Member

Nice! I still need to catch 4 more Eevee's.

16. 12max345

12max345 Member

Lol I've been doing the same thing

17. Zira

Zira Queen of Manatees

Teddi is a nerd.

"Gives me more of a reason to leave the house" - you spoof your GPS you big liar.

CrystalCastles, |Sneaks| and Teddi like this.
  18. Brinker

Brinker Member

19. Zira

Zira Queen of Manatees

Brinker you nerd.

I have 8 pokemans

20. eth9n

jelly of that wartortle + bulbasaur