Recommendation Post

Discussion in 'Surf' started by Grabbitz, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Grabbitz

Grabbitz New Member

Hello, first off i want to make it apparent that i'm not Grabbitz any more lmfao, im jTyler in game.

I've been surfing on BB since December of 2018 but have been surfing since 2016 (i think). Throughout the years of me being in the server, i've been collecting ideas to make the server more enjoyable.

For some quality of life changes,
    • I would love too see a "Mute all" button when holding tab instead of having to mute everyone 1 by 1. This will also mute players that recently join, so it could be a toggle of some sort.
    • I have said before in the discord about a feature to disable ALL of the HUD. Including chat (unless you press enter), stage selector, crosshair, the time remaining until the next vote (until there's 5 mins left), speedometer, and replacing the PB and Time on the bottom left with just your pace time. I usually surf with bare minimum HUD unless im streaming it on discord and having more HUD options would be fantastic. I do also think the ones that you cannot currently disable, like the chat or time, should be added in the settings as a toggle.
    • When using streamer keyboard option, there is still the "do /unspectate to stop spectating" when you're not spectating anyone.
    • Smaller vote message when an MVP casts a vote would be great, eariler today someone started a vote to ball pit someone and it literally was so big i lost focus and messed up a run i was about to PB (i later on got the PB but still lmao)
    • A trade system, PLEASE, I have tried SEVERAL TIMES to give people an aura and it kept getting snagged like it was an RTX 3080
    • Being able to extend a map multiple times would also be nice, if the people of the server decide they want to play the map 2 more times they should. Now i'm not saying it should be limitless, maybe like max 3 extends of the same map in a row.
    • Increasing the cool down times on maps that are most played and decreasing it for maps that are barely played, IMO would also be a good addition. This would make players adjust to new things and expand what they know rather than them playing Mesa and Kitsune
    New Additions,
    • The way I think Holiday items should work, would be every year, a couple of brand new items come out themed for that holiday, you are able to wear them whenever you want, BUT after that year the new item(s) can no longer be gotten unless purchased from other players. This would increase item rarity and would show you have been playing on the server for a good amount of time. I like the current system, but having that Halloween Aura sitting in my inventory waiting to be used makes me want to kill my self and I cant sell it because its worthless.
    • MODES. I HAVE ASKED FOR MODES IN THE CLIMB SERVER. I WILL ASK FOR MODES IN THE SURF SERVER. Not only do I think modes increases the longevity of playing, BUT WHO DOESNT WANT TO SEE SOMEONE FLYING AT 10,000+ UNITS??!?!?!!? Of course, you guys would probably have to add separate leaderboards, but I honestly think it would be worth it.
    • A low graphics mode?? So people that are playing on their moms office computer from 2011 that uses DDR3 still can run the game some what better? I mean come on some of the maps are pretty hard to run if you don't have A DECENT COMPUTER.
    • More contests or anything that involves the community is always a plus.
    • Being able to play the maps Bonus's regardless of them completing the map or not should be a feature. (Fortums Bonus is amazing, and if you guys have never played it, go play it)
    • !revote, within the first 5 minutes of the map, people can vote to cast a revote. It would not put the map back on a cooldown.
    • Add Deathstars dancing room.
    Changes,
    • Please, for the love of god, TURN ZANYS BACK INTO A BONUS, IT DOES NOT FIT DOODLES WHAT SO EVER.
    • Elders, Eternals, and other people that have those same kind of roles should get daily cubes or crates or something along with the Bonus's they get from being an extended member.
    and yea, thats it lol
    Love this community, been apart of it for a while, i have met alot of good people and i cant thank you all enough for letting me be apart of it :)

Soders and tuna sub backwards like this.
  2. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

plus one on zanz, its annoying as a stage

Soders and Grabbitz like this.
  3. tuna sub backwards

also, thanks for using forums! love to see the discussion, always welcome to chat here!

Grabbitz likes this.
  4. Grabbitz

Grabbitz New Member

:)

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

• Pretty sure voice_enable 0 in console does this.
    • I know you can disable most of the HUD, I worry slightly if it's too easy new players will do it by mistake then get confused and leave. Perhaps more checkboxes can be added though.
    • Sounds a bug, maybe post it on Github or it's on own bug thread in the sub-forum.
    • Maybe post a suggestion on Github or it's own suggestion on the sub-forum to have a checkbox to auto-agree to MVP votes so you don't see them if don't want to.
    • Trade system is unlikely, it's a huge undertaking between coding and UI and the sanity checks behind it, plus all the scamming complaints that come with it. Perhaps try trading on the Hard server? Or even Deathrun, I don't think the listed message is cross server.
    • We see quite often if people don't want to play a map they just won't join, and wait for it to change. I think 45 minutes for a map is plenty on Easy at present (with 90 on Hard IIRC).
    • More weighting around map CDs would be good, have suggested a few ideas such as choose random map button but hasn't gone anywhere yet.
    • Could review allowing holiday items outside of holidays, maybe for Platinum.
    • Not too sure how much value Modes brings and sounds a lot of work to separate leaderboards, they were on once and mostly seemed to confuse new players.
    • You can already turn off players, it's a game from a game from 2004 the should basically run on any computer. Agree some maps aren't well optimised but limited in how much control we have over that aside from not adding them.
    • Agree.
    • Generally bonuses are harder than the maps or have some gimmick mechanics, when they were open to all we often saw players going straight to the bonuses, getting frustrated and leaving.
    • Not sure what revote would do.
    • Not sure what dancing room is/what it brings.
    • I wasn't involved in adding the bonus back as a stage, it's my understanding it's the actual last stage though.
    • Elder/Ancient etc do get +cube gains I believe which is shown in the breakdown on beating maps.

Soders likes this.
  6. Soders

Soders Member MVP

• I agree there should be a way to hide the bottom left time trials without causing the runs to not be recorded, as that's the current compromise to get a clean no hud.
    • I would also like the /unspectate text removed from the streamer keyboard.
    • Removing the holiday exclusion for platinum players could be a nice perk.
    • Perhaps Elder/Eternal players could have direct access to the bonus stages?
    • I do notice a lot of players get stuck on Zanz; curious about the completion rate for that.

7. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

Besides for what kaiden mentioned in this regard i don't really think there's a need, there are multiple servers on BB which you can go on which often tend to have less traffic compared to the T1-3 server. In addition you can also pm or message people outside of the game/server and make sure they're prepared to pick up items the second they get put up.

8. tuna sub backwards

at teddi remove zanz or feel my wrath

9. Grabbitz

Grabbitz New Member

I’ve done this several times and people still snagged them, which is why I think a trading system would be nice. Maybe charge 2,000 cubes per trade?