Worst game you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Kaiden, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

At the title says, what's the worst - or perhaps the game you've hated the most/been frustrated at - game you've ever played?

Mine's probably Aion, what a disappointment, but I don't play a massive range of games and also don't have a console, so I'd probably have a pretty extensive list if I did.

What's yours?

2. Kaiden

Wait I change mine to Command and Conquer 4, what a truly awful game and terrible finale to a pretty awesome series.

3. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

If I was to list the amount of trashy MMO's I've played, It'd be a long list, But if I had to pick a "worst game" it'd be the Witcher. Just didn't like the style of play at all.

4. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

ET for the Atari. There are so many others that I can't remember.

5. limilim

limilim Active Member

Fable 3. Its the only game that I have not and do not want to finish.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This is a tough one. I've played many a terribad - Borderlands. Fucking Bo- No wait, Fallout 3, Yep fa- no wait, Oblivion. No wai- Yeah, too many terrible games.

I didn't think Aion was bad, especially after all the patching but most people lost interest by then.

7. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Oh this, Fucking this.

8. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

How could you hate Oblivion? That's like a sin.

9. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Agreed.

Well, keeping it strictly to the PC games that I've played in the last 5 to7 years (I played games back in the day, before they were held to any standard WHATSOEVER, e.g. Superman 64...), I would have to say in the order of worst to best of worst: Fallout: New Vegas (don't even get me started), RIFT, X3: Terran Conflict (would be the worst, but I understand that it's just not a game for me, where you can literally walk at a rather slow pace to your neighbor's house, grab a beer, walk back, and your ship will still be perhaps a quarter of the way to your destination), The Witcher 2, and Fate of the World.

10. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Teddi you liked Aion but not Oblivion.... You...... You..... are a doodoo head

11. Kaiden

People are entitled to their own opinions, no matter how wrong and incorrect they are!

12. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

Define worst game you've played. Would that be a game you dislike? Or a game that had terrible gameplay? Or Story? What makes a bad game is too broad.

13. Kaiden

Pick one!

Although most bad games are bad in every aspect...like C&C4.

14. Zephyr1551

I generally avoid games that are obviously bad, however there are games I dislike for specific reasons when I compare them to other games. And there are games I consider disappointing, Like Goldeneye 007 for the wii. Not a remake but an "update". Didn't keep anything unique and ignored its roots and fanbase.

15. Teddi

Aion was somewhat content filled albeit it turned into a grind because they hadn't added the 23+ quests yet. I thought the quests were also interesting and enjoyable (and not straight up fucking easy, eg Quest Helper) and in my opinion they did a good job with the combat system. Sure there were a few things they could have retuned but that's it.

Oblivion to me is just dry. The Elder Scrolls story has always been weak and similar to the Fallout series, it's just a bastardized story with subquests everywhere. A game should not have to rely on subquests to fill the time but instead either work them into the story or sure, leave them there but actually beef the story up and have some major elements. You can complete Oblivion in what, 3 hours?
    The combat system was decent I grant you that, the ability to fire arrows and pin people to the wall was funny as hell, but other than that it's just a game that you dick about in and not much more. Most people seem to like it because "someone else does".

If it's your cup of tea sure then have fun, but for me it's a boring as fuck game.

16. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

101 Airborne, the most confusing pile of poop I've ever seen, even for a Turn-Based Stategy game. :<

17. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

RIFT

I was deceived by marketing. Dynamic my balls, random portals were the only slightly dynamic thing in that game.

18. Zephyr1551

It was generally like Warhammer Online when there were public quests and open RvR, except replace quests and RvR with Rift.

19. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Savage 2, Savage 1 was amazing and free so i bought the second one. Ew

20. Teddi

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

That game is a steaming pile of shit.

As is Just Cause 1 actually.