What video games are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Kaiden, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Not sure if I want to go lancer yet, might go slayer or warrior

2. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I played a while during the beta, There was a beta like a day ago or so, but I didn't feel like playing during the weekened. I'll wait until the next one comes ore the game goes open.

3. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

4. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

No one has found a way to get 3ds games to work on a flashcard either

5. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

King Cole Pacients! oh wait gonna try out the demo of Kingdom Hearts 3DS tomorrow <3 can't wait!!!

6. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Patience?

Lucky bastard.

7. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

Bad news. The Kingdom Hearts won't be at the gadget live show. So you win 100% D: But still going lol.

8. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Just preordered that Guild Wars 2 swag.

9. Zeke

That's what I don't understand. Why do people pre-order games? It could be a massive pile of shit when it comes out. There's no guarantee it will be better than the first.

Same thing with Diablo 3...do you think it's going to be better than Diablo 2? No. But people still buy it and it doesn't even have a release date.

10. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

I like to call it, Saving. I put money away into a game so that I don't have to spend as much later. People use it so they don't have to shell out huge amounts at a later period and only a smaller bit. Then they can have more money for later purchases :)

5/15/2012 for D3

11. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Oh man Zeke we live in the age where they don't release anything about the game and we are riding on pure luck that the game will be better than it's predecessor. No, I've looked at these games for years, and I finally decide to preorder because I have the money. I think Diablo 3 will be better than 2, it's been 10 fucking years how can they make a worse game? And how come you asked a question and then answered it yourself? Both games have a release date, but somebody can't type things into Google to find out. Why does it matter the release date exactly anyway? It's buying now so I don't have to buy it later when perhaps I don't have the money for it, that's not a hard concept at all. Regardless, MMO launch days are something you can't describe, much different from any other genre. It could be a pile of shit when it comes out, that's why I didn't buy SWTOR, because I evaluated it's gameplay, decided it would fail, and heck, it did.

12. Zeke

GW2 has a release date, but Diablo 3's has changed a million times. Its just, even as someone who used to pre-order games all the time...I've come to realize it's such a waste of money. There are so many games I've bought and literally played for about 5 minutes before ditching it forever. If you pre-order something and don't like it, you are out at least $60 you could have used on a better game (not only that, when games are released on PC now it's relatively easy to find a $60 game for $40-50 within the first day). And now when you pre-order PC games you can't sell it back for most of your money because everything nowadays is registered to an account (one-time use cd-keys).

Also from what I've heard from the Diablo 3 beta it really wasn't that great...doesn't have to do with it being better just because its been 10 years (just look at Duke Nukem Forever, that game was such a huge let down and it was announced way over 10 years ago). Don't get me wrong, it's probably still going to kickass; but I'll wait until it comes out anyway.

Now that I think about it...pre-ordering is more like gambling. You research the game and if it looks good, you throw money at it hoping you were right. At that point you've got at least a 50/50 shot of being right.

I've only brought this up really because everyday someone I know says "I just pre-ordered GW2." Well you are like the 900th person so far that I've known personally that's done it; just have to ask yourself...what if it sucks?

13. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Then I've wasted my money, likewise say if I didn't preorder it, and just bought it, what difference does that make? It's still the same game. If I buy it a year from now and don't like it, it's still the same game, and I've still wasted my money. I doubt it's price will drop either because it's not monthly. Buying video games in general is a gamble. The amount of gamble hasn't changed over the years. There has always been shitty games, and there has always been good games, luckily nowadays we get more information about the game than perhaps a "demo". If you want background information on why I preordered GW2, is the fact that just a few weeks ago my brother got into the beta and I saw him play it with my own eyes, so It's not like i'm going in cold turkey. From what I've heard as well, the Diablo 3 beta wasn't really that great, but they only gave like an hours worth of gameplay, and barely introduced things like crafting. D3 was very limited in the beta for some reason, but It's because there had to be some fixes, unlike say the GW2 beta, where it was basically out to test their servers.

I know where your coming from, I've bought dozens of mmos on release and literally could only play a weeks worth (aion, warhammer, LOTRO, DCUO). I like both d3 and gw2 for the fact that if I take a break, I don't have to feel like i'm wasting my money because if I bought it, I can play it for free even years from now.

You've heard everybody say they preordered gw2 recently because they started preorders 2-3 days ago. lul.

14. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Pretty much, that's why I don't preorder games unless I know I'll play it regardless, like DX:HR.

I did it with Warhammer, which I got some playtime out of, then Aion, which I barely played at all. After that not gonna preorder any MMOs till I play a trial I doubt, not worth the game fee + paying for a month just to see the games not something you want to play.

15. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Um I got you DX:HR for your birthday!

But your point is pretty much right.

16. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Anything interesting coming out we should be keeping an eye on? Shame ToR and Diablo 3 were kind of meh, still looking forward to GW2 though.

17. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Right now I'm keeping my eye on the Planetside 2 Beta (thank you based Tex for a key). Other than that, Nothing really.

18. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Half Life 3?

:suicide:

But so far there are no notable games that are worth looking into bar GW2 I think.

19. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Prototype 2, Darksiders 2

20. Ashman

Ashman Member

dark souls?