DayZ: Arma II Mod

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Kaiden, May 5, 2012.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I'm guessing I'm missing something about night time? Whenever you use a flare like 40 zombies come, you kill them all then run out of ammo, then you're stuck in some hut. Don't see the appeal personally.

2. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

You're much harder to spot for zombies and other players annddd.. yeah.. don't use flares. :p

3. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Updates.
    Thank fuck more loot hopefully.

4. Kaiden

Yeah starting to get more used to it, will do what Boilrig said and change brightness etc. Spent the daylight today raiding Chern for supplies, kitted out with mostly everything now, including a satisfying revolver and rifle and bag full of ammo. Heading over to Elek now for a visit.

I think blood should regen faster than it does, you get like 100 back an hour which puts you at a massive disadvantage if you're even slightly injured when you run into someone - guess that's the point though.

Heading over to Elek but can backtrack if a few people are around there!

5. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Half of us died so.

Also Killermon owes me a plaque.

6. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I've killed about 50 survivors so far. I've gotten a huge amount of weapons, playing with one of my friends we got a humvee repaired and a heli at a military base we control.

Actually tbh, I think I've killed more survivors than zombies.

Also it's a waste of time to play at night.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Clive and I managed to meet up and I've got some loot again. We're in the forest just outside of Kozlovka which is where we logged off.

8. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Playing at night is a hell of a lot easier than in the day :L

9. Boilrig

Boilrig BB Veteran

Night time is better, but don't go near the airfields, unless you got a team with you.

10. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

Last time i played at night, a team of bandits literaly tripped over my body while i was looking for targets in an open field

11. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

I've heard about you being a bandit ;). I killed 4 people who were having a massive gun fight from around 300ft with a hunting rifle. was pretty hilarious

12. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Teamed up with 2 guys on US7, then we ran into a 3rd guy and he also joined us. Then ran into 2 other guys who were looting Cherno, who joined us. Then the 6 of us cleared out Elektro of zombies and got to the hospital all on 12000 blood because of the blood packs, fucked up all that shit. It was 3am at this point and we were planning on going to Stary Sober to make a car but I logged off. We were pimped though, I was using Winchester/Makarov, only 2 things I couldn't find that I still need are bincoulars and a compass.

Can't do shit like this on any other game.

13. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

My fav kills as a bandit are these:

1st Bandit Kill: Guys running from zombies, he stops to shoot at them, just as he turns to run away, i shoot him in the legs, he hits the ground, and the zombies eat him.

Funniest Bandit Kill: We had setup sniper positions around a car we found on the road with its lights on, komar and dusty move down to check it out, and some guy comes running up going "Hey komar! I need some help with my flashlight! Its out of batteries!" and we shoot him in the head, to add insult to injury, we took his flashlight, then drove off into the dark streets of cherno

14. Kaiden

3 of us got snipers and took up positions in Chern killing bandits for a while, was fun. One got shot in the back but we avenged him!

15. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Went to NW airfield last night. Was pretty much empty of people so spent about an hour 2 of us looting the entire thing. Was suited up by the end of then my friend got shot by a sniper. The sniper also shot me but i survived with 67 blood. I ate all the food i had which to me to 600blood and then proned all the way to where the sniper was and shot him in the back with a shotgun. Went to the position that he had been killing people and there was 15 corpses unlooted (fucking hate people that kill without looting) Looted the corpses and got pretty much everything i could ask for including nv. Walked accross to otherside of airfield and got shot in the back.

-_-

16. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Word of advice to anyone who plays with Teddi...

Don't let him navigate. :p

17. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

My first bandit kill: was my first time playing. I was online with a friend and he logged...I strolled into Chern, found a dead bandit with an AK-47, two Lee Enfields and a shitload of ammo and food (and an ALICE pack). Grabbed it all and ran to a crane at the docks in Chern...proned up top, some dude came running about 5 minutes later. Shot him as he walked around the wall and he started booking it towards a shipping container. Shot him again and he went down.

My best bandit kill: A huge group of bandits strolled outside of Chern, I was set up as a sniper on a rooftop. They all stopped and were communicating on what to do next...within 2 seconds I sniped 3 of them and the other guy started zig zagging towards the city. Shot him a few times and he logged off like a chump.

18. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I was navigating fine yesterday and have been since I remembered how to read a compass!

19. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Found a Rimmington 870 Pump Shotgun with Tact Light in Deer Stand. Accidentally dropped, gone forever ;_;.

20. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Did you work out how to turn on the tact light? Was wondering myself :p