Punch-O-Meter Is Very Unfair

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Prodigy, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigy

Prodigy New Member

I understand it's very fun to take objects and control them. However, they are being abused. People are using it to try and kill other traitors/innocents/people in general. It does add another level of fun to the game. But it also ruins the game by killing others stupidly... It'd be great if we could remove or even better, make it so that it does no damage when it falls onto people.

2. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

I think you're only saying that because you happened to be the one hit by props for that ONE round. If Teddi really saw a problem with it, we wouldn't have it to begin with. If it happened every single round, yeah sure. The metre was modified because of it before. But it only happens once in a while, all in fun. It happens to all of us and we just deal with it. Certainly makes me laugh, even if I'm the one getting my head smashed by barrels.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy New Member

I'm not just posting on my behalf; I've seen many others get hit with/blocked/etc. It's not like I'm the only one to have been hit by it. I am just stating my opinion and bringing attention to the issue. If you find it fair or unfair, do what you want. Just stating my opinion :)

4. Elk

Elk ecology enthusiast

I didn't mean to sound mean or anything, I was just saying. People tend to only get mad if it happens to be them getting hit.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy New Member

Yes, I understand. :)

6. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Generally, it's extremely hard to actually land consistently on say, someone's head with a drain cover over and over. I know about 2 people who can do it. Much easier is controlling an explosive barrel and driving it into the centre of a crowd - however it adds to the dynamic of the game imo, it A) gives the people dead (generally killed pretty early in the round) something to do, and B) something for those still alive to react to in a potentially slow round.

If you brought this up a month ago you would have had a point, where Platinum had pretty much uncompromised control over props - but since then measures have been undertaken to ensure dead/afk players weren't too zealous with props.

In short, I think the current set-up is fine, in which someone who really wants to disrupt an alive persons gameplay can, while dead - albeit they're such a rare anomaly in their ability to perform such an action that I don't consider it a particular problem.

7. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I believe it's fine, like Kaiden said, it has been vastly reduced so be happy it's not what it used to be.

8. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Seriously, you weren't here for the Trolley of Doom incidents. It's really not that bad, you can't lift heavy props into the air for long, if at all, making it very difficult to actually kill people with.

9. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

And here is Xandrah making one of his famous points.

10. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Makes sense to me!

11. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

The days of when I could lift the dumpster in V3 of TTT ; _ ;

12. Robdoc

Robdoc New Member

dunno bout here, cuz I havent played on BB TTT yet, but back on my TTT Its considered rdm to propkill and is punishable by slay... however rare the occurrence is, it should be punishable. you ARE killing someone without a good reason.

13. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Right, and all the people who shoot innocents while innocents should be slayed every time they do, regardless of reason, because it's RDM.

14. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Yes, we play differently here, sorry if you don't like it, there is always "my TTT" you can go to.

15. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

Random Death Match =/= Propkill
    I'm apart[and somewhat founder] of the TTT Propkilling League. I've written numerous guides on how to propkill, and how to combine it to create your own fighting style. Teddi as of the moment is somewhat nerfing props to make them a little more fair, but you should never say that propkilling is RDM.

16. Robdoc

Robdoc New Member

C'mon man, we dont need the hostility. just trying to put forth my input, trying to share what I know and believe. I like the community, I may enjoy being a part of it. If I wana leave, I'll leave, I dont need your help telling me.

17. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Well you're a new poster saying that we should change our rules because your old server played that way? And you haven't even played our server? Sounds pretty demanding to me.

18. Robdoc

Robdoc New Member

a few things. I'm not saying you change your rules, I figured your rules were the same, because you are still killing someone. randomly.
    And I have played your server.

19. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This thread really isn't going anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.