Production of RP

Discussion in 'Blog Posts' started by Teddi, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

2. This is exciting.

3. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

That music mixed with Joeys random ramblings make it sound like this is some sort of remix baha

Edit: But ya looks good

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reported for leaking content

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Good video, although didn't work so well when couldn't hear you!

Not having corps/vehicles for the first month makes sense really. Like wrote in the blog post no one will be able to afford them, and I don't think taking a month to get settled in before moving onto more ambitious stuff is a bad thing.

Watchful eyes will have also noticed Headquarters is spelled wrong, and has been corrected in the latest version.

6. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

I understand at the end when some of the people in mumble saying how widely spread the city feels. Well it is empty for a starters duh. But hopefully maybe some green bins or benches or additional features on the payments or a mail box or ingredients or items you can rarely find etc for crafting. I do feel the payments are very naked besides the cross lights. Also I feel the roof front of the police station needs improvement especially that roof… looks like a Mario mountain and you can see people will just walk on that stupidly.

I do like how big the size the map is. All I can say is so many apartments and areas now its enough stop making more house lets please haha. I love the numbers on the doors. Maybe you should give each building a street address and hell yeah a post code too the city. That’d be awesome.

But at the beginning with the trees yeah it is fancy. But I’d like to see if those trees will be suitable for a 70 player map. I’d bet it’d make some lag spikes.

I still think there needs to be some sort of social activity area like a pub club poker pool table. Besides just shops and shops… and apartments and stores oh and big businesses. Too much business need some ‘fun’ activities or social role playing areas besides a abandon construction site and tea bagging flower pots and fountains.

7. Kaiden

Yeah I agree on the first part, naturally the city feels empty and too spread out when empty. Not sure who made the comment but when there's 50 or whatever players on it I don't think they'll be making the same comment. Yeah granted it doesn't really look like any city I can think of, but then again if they wanted loads of clustered buildings you can't enter like in DayZ, which while looks like a city but is widely inaccessible, then I'd have to disagree with them in that being a good idea.

We want to make sure there's loads and loads of apartments, maybe more than ever needed. At the end of the day, we have..about 120 buyable rooms. That's not a lot, at all, when you think you can buy an apartment and it's yours. For arguments sake we'll add 20 more for the police (which are located at the top of the station), but that only makes it 140 apartments. When you think how many 100s of players we'd have coming through the RP08 server each week - and granted we of-course don't expect all players joining to become involved enough to purchase apartments - we expect them to fill up over time. Naturally a remedy for that is to introduce the Rich apartments, which in fairness no one will be able to afford (much like corps and cars) within the first month anyway, so the omittance of that isn't an issue for now.

Trees are pretty low demanding I think, and on top of that you won't expect to find many growing out of the sand! We'll send people off to the other islands to farm, and in that way their FPS won't be affected by the main island, which should mean FPS is pretty acceptable.

Can sort of agree on your last point, but not sure how it'd be implemented. The ground floor of the medium apartments is definitely a respectable meeting place. Outside of that, I expect the plaza to be a general congregating area.

8. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I'm just looking forward to playing it myself. It's been a long time coming.

But past that, biggest problem I see is living quarters, as is mentioned above.

9. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Based on the tediousness of adding all these doors to the database, I'd say living quarters are more than sufficient.

10. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

Some players will probably live together to ensure that rent is cheaper.
    Not to mention, nothing says the players can't simply hobo-camp.

11. Kaiden

Will be side effects to just living on the streets though, as you'd expect! Yeah people can share and stuff, didn't really consider that one, so can't see space really being a problem for a long time.

12. Toxic

Toxic Member

Dibs on roommate, Joey. We can make a sitcom.

13. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

The name Joey + sitcom = Friends

14. Joey Skylynx

Joey Skylynx Minister of Propaganda

Bro we probably already roommating in the PD.

15. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

Do we still expect the make-it-or-break-it by April 30th?

16. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,