Xbox One

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Teddi, May 22, 2013.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

So the XBox one has been announced! With no backwards compatibility (which I don't care much about) and the fact you have to pay to play pre-owned games, combined with the fact that games have a mandatory install spell possible doom for the Xbox "One".

:suicide:

That's not to say I'm throwing it away at the moment as they may change something at the last moment, especially with E3. So does anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

I would love to express my negativity about it. But heck my friends and subscription youtube people have completely been negative over it. All I can say is "Hell No". It is a sham... completely. Nothing about gaming at all. Mainly focused on media and television.

Then again I disliked on how Socialized the PS4 was with the share button and video view and watch other players play games.

[youtube]9ekOtn7L1N0[/youtube]

3. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

If you had to choose between the PS4 and the Xbox One, what would it be?

4. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

I can understand what MS are trying to do with the Xbox One in that they're trying to broaden their demographic; but the mandatory Kinect seems like an attempt at replicating the Wii's success but I can't see that working. Considering the Xbox has similar specs to the but also has a Kinect thrown in, I can't see how they can make it cheaper then the PS4 as Kinects aren't really cheap - one of the Wii's main selling points was that it was cheap.

At least with the PS4 tacked on social functions, Sony were kind enough to put it into one easy to ignore button; you can't ignore the Xbox Kinect integration!.

I think Microsoft are taking a huge gamble with this which might or might not pay off, it will be interesting to see. I would still personally go with a PS4 because I prefer the exclusives and it's a games console, not a media hub; I'm not going to pay more for a media hub when I only play games on it.

Microsoft seemed to forget yesterday is that most of the press at their press event yesterday were from the gaming community. Considering they showed off about 3 games in total and only 1 exclusive - poor show Microsoft; lets hope they redeem themselves at E3.

6. Teddi

PC.

But on a more serious note, neither device has had their graphics chip revealed yet. We know that AMD holds the contract for both the CPU and chip, so I guess it depends who is funneling more money into AMD for their chip.
    I think as well a key component will be how they handle Xbox Live and their gold subs etc, especially as it appears to have dropped in value over time.

7. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

this is obligatory:
    [youtube]fiBBqwwdpe8[/youtube]

Listen to nobody but donkey.

8. Teddi

They must have conducted some form of market research, right? I mean some of these decisions just seem idiotic.

9. Kite

Kite Member

Microsoft aimed it towards everyone.
    It's no longer a gaming console, rather a cable box so I can watch TV on my TV by using an Xbox.
    What.

10. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Well my Xbox 360 is already my Netflix machine, I don't need cable.

Roverrider likes this.
  11. Teddi

Don't you have to pay for it on the Xbox and then for a separate sub for netflix?

12. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

I know how theses people feel. Wish I recorded how I reacted.

13. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

oh god =/

14. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I don't know if I was quite that dramatic, but it was up there.

15. Teddi

That would be quite the scary scene