14 Day Ballpit, 2 Day Mute

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by McLovin', May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McLovin'

McLovin' New Member

I was ballpitted for 14 days for playing "lose yourself" on my hermanica for about 10 seconds. Yes, i deserved a ballpit but did i deserve 14 days? Seems a bit much to me since there were 2 others mic spamming before me and were only ballpitted for 7 days. Plus, they were playing ear rape darude sandstorm for a longer time than me too. I asked the admin why mine was so much longer than theres and he said "do you want longer?" and muted me for 2 days. Ive never been ballpitted for over 2 days and even those times were for small things. The admin who ballpitted me was BUNZ. Ive been playing on the server daily for about a month and its pretty annoying being ballpitted for so long. Thank you for reading and i hope you can do something about this.

2. Bunz

Bunz [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

You know, I don't recall ballpitting someone for 14 days. Or ballpitting you at all for that matter. But I've asked you on many occasions to stop playing your harmonica on the mic, and you continue to ignore my requests. 14 days does sound unreasonable, but so does ignoring an admin's requests continuously to their face.

3. Fishy

Fishy Member

To add on to that, Bunz isn't even capable of ballpitting you for 14 days. The maximum he can do is 2. If you were ballpitted for that long, it's likely you've been punished in the past and the punishing staff member decided that you were enough of a consistent problem that you needed an extended break from your microphone usage.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Looking at the logs it was Kaiden who performed both actions. I'll have him check on this thread however I'd also like to point out here that the great big stinking white message that appears in chat tells you who it was - so do you don't need to make idiot guesses as to which poor person it was.

As for other people doing it - Admins can only catch what they see and hear. If Kaiden had been AFK and came back to you playing spam - then that's what he's going to punish first. If you want to assist in stopping dumb stuff happening on the servers, report it! What I can see however in the logs is he punished more than one person (to which you exclaimed as to why they didn't get as long as you) and he offered you a month of ballpit; to which you declined and he never applied.

You have a fairly large rapsheet for someone who has been here for a short time - multiple warns and ballpits, I think at this point Kaiden is just trying to seriously show you that maybe it's about time to stop.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I did some pretty long mutes Friday night just due to how many people were using their mic terribly. I muted 5 music players within 5-10 minutes IIRC, and I increased the duration each time. I said in chat the next mutes for music/singing are going to be long, and 2-3 more people still played music. You then kept mentioning it in chat, so you got muted with reason "contest punishments on forum" as is standard.

It can be reduced to a week, but yeah you have punishment history, and punishments will only get longer each time. You didn't choose an optimal time to play music (not that there is one, you know it's against the rules), when several others were already spamming/abusing their mic, and unfortunately you got caught up in it.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Just as a minor addition, the mute has also been removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.