Sexy T. Rexy's Sub-Admin Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Sexy T. Rexy, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy T. Rexy

Sexy T. Rexy New Member

Name: Sexy T. Rexy

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79100288

Server/Role: Surf | Sub-Admin

Hiya! I've recently noticed [BB] Roleplay popping up under the "Surf" category in Gary's Mod, and can't help but notice the massive and close-knit community that [BB] has under its wing. Almost every day I log on and see people that greet me and treat me like close friends, as well as a stupendous team of socially interactive Administrators that do an absolutely fantastic job. The players - no, the family - at [BB] have given me so many laughs and good times, so I thought to myself - why not give back? Unfortunately, I have noticed a few things that Admins aren't online to see: players that cause grief and turmoil for those just trying to have a good time. Being open minded while maintaining my composure has led me many places, and seeing a place like this suffer from people like that upsets me deeply. I wish to take action, for a community that has such a strong connection with their peers should not be placed under circumstances that are out of their control. Vigilance, a strong sense of judgement, and dedication are required to pursue and prevent such negative events from occurring. You will find that these attributes define my repertoire through the actions I have taken and will take from this point forward. I have made mistakes in the past, and I was promptly prosecuted for my actions. Seeing now what lines can and cannot be crossed, I can see when other people cross those lines too. I want this to be my way of giving back, to improve [BB] as a server and as a community.

My thanks (and apologies) to whoever reads this essay,

Sexy T. Rexy

2. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

My first question is how long have you been playing? When I read your application, it sure seemed like you have barely played at all. And if that's true, then you don't have much of a chance of being accepted. Now I've been gone for the past week(because I'm on a road trip), but I'm not going to support your application because I haven't even seen you in-game and because you need more experience just playing in the server.

3. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

^

4. Sexy T. Rexy

Sexy T. Rexy New Member

I've played for a little over a month now I believe, and I am usually on between the hours of 5 PM and 5 AM (PST), the late hours of the night are usually my preferred time online and that's normally when no Admins are online. That is another reason why I'd want to become part of the staff, because I would be able to regulate during after hours.

5. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Just a quick question for you, and all future applicants who read this: Why do you all say things like this, but I never see any reports on the forums about them? If people are doing things worth punishment, and no admin is around then you should be posting about it on the forums, or alternatively, use the BB steam group to find an admin (There are a lot more than you'd think that are on in these time periods), and get them.

If you really truly care about the server, report rule breakers on the forums or to an admin through steam if there is one.

Also, a month is a fairly short amount of time to play before applying to be an admin.

Brinker, RaZoRaK and Rhythums like this.
  6. Brinker

Brinker Member

I agree with RaZoRaK and Xandrah2. I've seen Rexy on recently and he's respective to everyone on the server, also an all around cool guy. I just don't think he has played long enough for Sub-Admin. Id say give it another go once you've had more experience & time on the server.

7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I haven't seen you in a few days, but could just be timezone differences.

Apart from the above of needing to be apart of the community for longer, you also choose some pretty odd topics on mic, like trump praise and politics in general, which only achieves to rile up the server. Think you need to evaluate the topics you bring up and play for longer, and could re-apply in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.