Appeal to a 7,000 day Mute?

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by AppleBumpkin, Aug 13, 2016.

1. AppleBumpkin

AppleBumpkin New Member

So I was given a 7,000 day mute for posting a link of what was on the forums. Know I know that I shouldn't post links but it is on the forums so it should be fine. I see people all the time do it and they get no punishment at all. I don't know if it was being it was a imgur link instead of the forums link. But still:
    You have been muted.
    Expires in 7829 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes.
    is a bit intense don't you think. I know what I did was sort of wrong but not this bad. I do apologise to Zira for posting her picture but I thought it was more of fun and games and not a serious matter.

-Samuel (AppleBumpkin)

http://imgur.com/a/AW77B

EDIT: I think we should have more than Kaiden and Teddi to decide a punishment being that Teddi is her boyfriend which would make him more lenient to Zira more than to me. Also I am more fine with Kaiden because he seems more fair because they aren't dating but still I think it should be more than you two personally.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

What a bullshit punishment. Like this is over the fucking line.

NeverReady likes this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

A permanent punishment turns into that length. The punishment reason is "Pending further review". For the mean time you're muted until a final outcome is decided.

In the same way I wouldn't want you linking my pictures on the server, I don't think it's appropriate to do that to any player without their consent.Will discuss with Teddi once he's woke up tomorrow.

4. AppleBumpkin

AppleBumpkin New Member

I would be upset if the picture was not posted on the forums but as it was posted on there already I feel like there should be no reason at for being upset. If it was a private picture I would respect her privacy and not post it to the server. But it's already on the server website. I was just directing a player to it asking about Zira. Also, I have had my private pictures posted multiple times so next time it happens I will contact a staff member and hopefully the same outcome will happen as what will happen to me.
    http://imgur.com/a/AE9Kp

-Samuel (AppleBumpkin)

5. Kaiden

My picture is on the forums, if you'd plastered that on the server out of context for no reason, I'd have muted too. Same as anyone's picture really. It just seems an odd thing to do, and I can only conclude you had an ulterior motive, whether to piss Zira off or otherwise. Just because someone posts a picture on this forum doesn't mean you can, or should, link it randomly on a very public server.

6. AppleBumpkin

AppleBumpkin New Member

Is there a way to privately talk with you about other plays posting that same link? I have screenshots of others posting the same thing.

-Samuel (AppleBumpkin)

7. Kaiden

Alex put it in chat and received the same permanent punishment, pending review, as well. I'm heading to bed as it's 2am which is why there's nothing definitive tonight. Will discuss with Teddi tomorrow. (aka today)

8. AppleBumpkin

AppleBumpkin New Member

Okay, have a nice night then. Hopefully in the morning everyone is more cooled down about the situation and can think more clearly about how little this really is. The server has a lot more important things than Imgur links to worry about right now.

-Samuel (appleBumpkin)

9. Zira

Zira Queen of Manatees

I still do not want my picture linked on the SERVER. I signed up on the forum, I decide to post my picture on the forum. There's a big difference from the forum > server.

ETA: Someone might have said they don't know who I am. They never asked what I looked like. If someone asks who X or Y person is, I certainly do not start linking their picture around.

|Sneaks| likes this.
  10. AppleBumpkin

AppleBumpkin New Member

I would take the punishment a lot more serious if it was posting for links in chat, instead of posting a public photo onto the server in which the photo was taken on.

-Samuel (AppleBumpkin)

11. Brinker

Brinker Member

Who else would you like to decide on it? Teddi and Kaiden should be the only ones deciding, maybe even just Teddi seeing as he is the owner of [BB]. (still love u Kaiden)
    and you are basically saying that Teddi only punished you because it was Zira's img and they have a relationship.

Tbh that has nothing to do with it. Im sure if you posted an img of a staff member that the end would be the same result.

Even if it does, are you saying Teddi should not defend Zira? I know if I was in his shoes then i'd do something about it.

I don't want to get aggressive seeing as you and I are "ok friends" but what you are addressing is idiotic.

12. Zira

Zira Queen of Manatees

The difference is yeah, that people on this forum are more or less regulars (the surf part of it), and not some random 12 year olds coming on and telling people to drink bleach.

On the other hand, that link is only viewable if you have the link. So no, it was not public per say. If you went to my imgur and looked at my profile without the link you would NOT have seen it.
    Also can I just say that Teddi does not favour me? I am getting a little bit tired of people thinking I can tell Teddi what to do. Our relationship and surf are 2 completely different things.

13. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

My Servers, my rules. However I was unaware of anything that had gone on as I was asleep. Currently investigating.

EDIT: Moved thread to correct section - Kaiden

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  14. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Kaiden and I had a decent discussion about this; and this is what the overall result is -

Firstly, I’m going to premiere this post by stating yet again [BB] is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship and regardless of what you think “should” happen and what will actually happen are two very, very different things. Now that that’s out the way; lets take a look at what’s generally going to happen – and why.

Alex – Will maintain a three week v/mute. We’re not really sure why someone would aim to spam chat with a link of someone – but then purposely aim to change name to avoid punishment either but the bottom line is that we’re assuming at this point it’s malicious, pure and simple. There is no reason to do any of the above unless you’re trying to be an ass – but you did.

Junior – (wait what, you’re being mentioned here?!) I recommend you watch the fine line you’re currently walking on as you’re pretty much acting as a trash tier person as it is. It really doesn’t help that you start spamming someone else’s punishment in chat. If it’s done silently – it’s done for a reason; especially when the reason for it can be viewed on the website and the user also receives a message as to why. This isn’t going to get you some form of poetic justice – only a mute in the long run. However for now you escape any punishments.

Apple – Without context I can’t really understand why you linked the image (response to voice maybe?) and it was done once so I’m not going to assume any malicious intent. With that in mind we’re going to give you a two day sandpit and lift the voice mute. In response to your “I kinda know I did wrong but I didn’t” bit, the Fast-Threads section is not publicly view-able meaning you have to be a member on the forums to see this. Furthering that the image was set to hidden via imgur meaning it wasn’t really possible to know the path without actually being on these forums.

In the past we’ve punished people for doxing the following but not limited to: phone numbers, Facebook profiles, pictures and so on. Many of these have been treated in such a way that in most cases, the user has ended up with a hefty – if not a permanent version of the punishment that was applied. I would recommend heavily – especially if you plan on applying for Admin again in the future, that you seriously consider what you’re about to do with such actions and think twice before doing something as opposed to mindlessly doing something and acting surprised when it smacks you back in the face.

Finally I'd just like to close with that you're free to appeal and lay down your thoughts; but do keep in mind that this is a dictatorship and not a democracy.

Killermon, |Sneaks| and Kaiden like this.