Crystal Castles MVP Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by CrystalCastles, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

Name: Crystal Castles
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:152538287
    Position I'm applying for: MVP

I've been playing on bb for 8 months now and I've clocked in a total of 30 days worth of play time. I play on the server often and I am very well known. I used to show my ass quite a bit but I've settled down a lot since I first started. I've learned to be a lot more clear that I'm joking when I say rude things. And as far as helping the server goes, I've submitted numerous reports of mic spammers and other offenses. I've also submitted maps for the surf server though none of those were accepted. (I did submit Utopia, which was later added, but the version I submitted couldn't be used so I can't really count that either.) I know I have support from a couple of admins, namely Midna and NeverReady, and I'm pretty confident I have the support of others as well. I know the rules very well and I have absolutely no intention of over stepping my authority in any role that may be given to me. I love this server and the community and I want to be a bigger part of it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

Crystal is an active player who definitely knows right from wrong, as he has suffered through mic spammers like the rest of us. But instead of sitting around, he's sent in reports about them. He's a friendly guy, with an odd sense of humour but I think he can make the cut. +1

:^)

3. Ducky

Ducky New Member

Crystal is an awesome guy , i learned alot from him and i think he will be a great MVP . He also has a big castle 7u7 so... <3 +1

4. Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody New Member

crystals is always on, helping others, and like never said suffering from mic spammers, chat spammers, and so on. really helpful and supportive, ♥♥♥ +1

5. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

Crystal deserves his Castle. +1 <3

6. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

Is MVP a new position or something? Never heard of someone being an MVP on here before.

7. Rhythums

Rhythums [BB] Admin Admin

Yes but crystals application was a weird place to express your concern

CrystalCastles likes this.
  8. CrystalCastles

I thought it was gonna be an endorsement haha.

9. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

I wasn't concerned, I just have never seen anyone before with the title of MVP before. But anyways, I think Crystal would make a good MVP. He is both active and friendly. Not too sure if my input on here has much value anymore but I recommend him for the position.

10. CrystalCastles

It was just started a few months ago. Basically it's a way to help moderate the server without actually being an admin. Look for Teddi's thread about it for more information, and thanks for the support.

11. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

12. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Well saying how much time you have played really isnt anything special since anyone can sit afk. Most people do it and have these really high times played. I have almost played a year and just have a little over 20 days. So im not sure if you were joking when you were calling that one other main a "cunt" and stuff like that but i also dont know. You sounded pretty honest about it. What if randoms that join dont understand youre joking about some things? Sorta seems like bad impression. Also you said you have support from midna and never. Midna hasnt posted on here yet but i feel like if she supported you she would post on here instead of you saying she supports you. So im not sure how you being mvp would be. What if your mic breaks again? Are you just going to leave until you get a new one?

13. CrystalCastles

I'm very rarely afk, anyone I call a cunt or any other insult is someone I already know (and they know me)(learned that lesson a long time ago via warnings from kaiden), midna told me on the server that she supports me, and I will always have a mic considering I use my cellphone as a mic and I don't recall a mic being a requirement anyway. Did I miss anything?

14. CrystalCastles

And I mean, fishy called mains all kinds of things and said very sexual things to fairly new players (like me on my first week) so I'm curious as to how the impression I give to new players could possibly be any worse than that. Plus I help new players all the time.

15. MidnaGigglz

MidnaGigglz New Member MVP

I'm on the server late at night mostly and Crystal being an MVP would help out a lot seeing as he's on usually around the same time as me. I also feel he could hold up the responsibilities very well, so he has my support +1

16. Chase

"Rarely afk" you were afk, ive seen you afk a couple times just this week. Also midna can say she supports you but you saying people support you is ehh and having a mic isnt a requirement but last time you didnt have one you quit playing that much at all. Also see that midna just now posted her post, assuming that you told her to since this post has been up for almost a week now and shes just now doing it but i could be wrong. I dont see why you brought fishy into this, he isnt anything but a old member by now. Dont get me wrong, he is a very chill guy and all but hes just old now. Im just saying what i think about your app, i had something way worst written out but i decided to lighten up and make it better so it didnt seem that i was just trying to throw you under the bus.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  17. CrystalCastles

Well it does seem like that. And yes, I am rarely afk, the admins see me active all the time anyway so I'm not worried that you saw me afk once and assumed I'm afk all the time. And yes, I did ask midna if she would get on and back up the fact that she told me she supported me. She's almost never on the forum at all, I would know as I'm on here all the time, so it's no surprise to me that she hasn't already backed up the app but obviously she was willing to. You wanted proof, I got it. And as for fishy, just because he's simply a member now does not mean he wasn't an admin for a long time. He made for a great example in this instance so I used him as one. He was a good admin that joked around a bit, I know I would be a good mvp despite me joking around with people I know on the server. It's fine that you commented negatively but you should expect for me to defend myself especially considering I know the vast majority of your post was pure assumption/speculation.

18. Chase

Its not assumption, im just saying ive seen you afk twice just within a week so saying how much time you have on the server means nothing. Also i dont think fishy was admin for long at all and i guess im glad you got midna to say something on your post. You just simply saying someone supports you doesnt mean as much as them making their own post you. Im also very curious on how you have so much more time played than me and yet ive played longer than you.

19. CrystalCastles

Because I used to play for 8+ hours a day and every last hour was active play time. Whether you saw me afk once or twice doesn't mean much, like I said the admins see me active all the time and I specifically remember forgetting I had gmod open when I tabbed out the other day so that accounts for one of the times you saw me afk and it's the only time that's happened whether you choose to believe me or not. And since I forgot to address my hiatus from the server, as you pointed out in your last post, I was indeed gone for a month or so around August but I've been very active again ever since then. Especially recently. And actual admins have taken a hiatus before, and I think what really matters is whether or not they come back and remain active. If you have any more complaints feel free to express them and I will certainly address them. :)

20. Fishy

Fishy Member

I was part of the staff team for like 6 months you cuck.

As for crystals MVP app - despite thinking his personality can be obnoxious most of the time, he does play a lot and knows the rules well. Would probably be a fine MVP.

NeverReady and CrystalCastles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.