[FIXED] Lap Achievements

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by flash31939, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

I have no idea if this was intended, and if it wasn't its a very minor bug. If you beat a map the four achievements, "And That's a Lap!", "Go Outside!", "Lap it up", and "Who wants a Lapdance?" all count up by 1, and that is to be expected. However, you can keep teleporting to the final stage and doing it over and over again, which also increases the count on the achievements each time you do it. A possible fix for this would be to have it check to see if your timer was running at the time of completing the map, and then rewarding a lap if it was, since teleporting to a stage stops your timer. This most likely isn't even big enough of a deal to be worth fixing, but its still there nonetheless.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I expect that's related to technical limitation of how achievements can be tracked, it'd be interesting to see if it was possible to make it only give you +1 if your time was recording, although does punish people who /spec or go back stages etc before eventually finishing the map.

3. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

That was what I was thinking at first, but after more time messing with it, I realized that its entirely possible. The achievement most likely just checks for the "Player A has completed the map" argument and then ticks up. All you would really have to do is add in a second argument that it checks alongside the first one via 'and' that would be something like "Is Timer Running?". If both are true, then it should give you a +1, if only one or neither is true, it shouldn't do anything.

4. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I thought this was a thing that was already solved?

5. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

I'm pretty sure I already fixed this, although I don't see the fix in the code anymore.

6. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Repushed fix for now, it's very easy to find if people have been abusing it and those who have will be punished appropriately.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Patch was applied and updates should be live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.