[SUGGESTION] (Staff) What can they do?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Lightning, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

I know, I know that most probably know this already but I don't and I'm pretty positive others don't.
    When I go and see staff do certain things I wonder what they can do. lets say I became a staff member (again i'm not sure you guys have something about this) and I wanted too know what I could do I could have a section called Staff where you can see the staff members and what server they are staff on and what each staff position can do. I'm sorry if this is already in and I didn't see it I'm trying to help but if its no use my bad. I'm trying not to be too annoying but I know at times I take it to far when I think of something good like this that might help me. Thanks for reading this Long freaking thing. hopefully it helps!

- Lightning

2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Generally the administration can be divided in two; we have the roleplay team (which is 100% inactive and not used) and the Platinum team which covers all of our current gamemodes, bbuild included. We typically don't release what a sub admin vs an admin vs kaiden and myself can do; simply because there's no benefit to knowing unless you're on the team. The most known "feature" is that sub-admins can only punish for a maximum of two days and they cannot remove their own punishments, whereas full admins can punish for unlimited amounts of time and remove their own punishments.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Teddi summed it up really, but in short the staff boil down to (in no exact order):
    • MVPs - Either elected or volunteer to help moderate Platinum based servers, they can instigate votes against players deserving mutes and enough % of players must agree.
    • Sandbox Moderators - Can encourage building on Sandbox, changing players ranks on Build and encourage build events.
    • Platinum Sub Admins - Sub Admins moderate Platinum based servers (i.e anything apart from RP), and can mute, kick, ban etc.
    • Platinum Full Admins - Generally long-term Sub Admins that are promoted to Full that have elevated powers, they can punish for longer among other things.
    • Developers - They help develop our systems and servers, they have no Admin powers in-game, but are held in high regard on the staff team for all the work they put into providing the gamemodes we play daily.
    • Myself - I help manage the community and servers in general, whether that's hiring new staff, dealing with complaints, implementing server improvements, or helping get new store items, maps, etc added to the server, among other things.
    • Teddi - Some guy idk he owns us or something.
    The roleplay and DJ roles are entirely legacy and have no meaning, perhaps there'll be a return to RP and a jukebox one day, but right now both are inactive.

Hope that helps as a breakdown! The wiki pretty much sums this up (that John linked above), and includes an up to date roster, but hopefully this explanation helps.

EDIT: To add onto Teddi's post regarding max 48 hours from sub admins, if it's deemed necessary a punishment by a Sub Admin can be increased manually well beyond 48 hours, so please don't consider that a maximum you'll ever receive from them, if it's deserving of more it'll be increased by us.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Rhythums likes this.
  5. Lightning

Thank you kaiden for this I just wanted too know I seem to be the only one lately suggesting so I thought it would a better time instead of lots of others including mine. Thank you and have a good day!

Kaiden likes this.
  6. Lightning

Thank you as well teddi I just was hoping for this because as you can see i didnt exactly know who or what they did I understand and thanks for the help.