[SUGGESTION] Title Options

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Squeaks, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeaks

Squeaks Member

I spent money on my tag and somebody of course changed it when I was tabbed out to [Fucked by Terry Cruise] when I enjoyed my tag the way it was before and now I don't even talk in chat anymore because of the new tag..

I would seriously recommend adding in something to opt out of having tags used on you or at least within 24 hours be able to revert to the previous tag because I am not the only one that has this happen after spending money on the tag, people even make it offensive stuff and its not cool. I know that it gives you money but its not really fair to other people who spent money to have something they liked next to their name and then some random person makes it what they want without you wanting them to making their money wasted. I didn't even have my tag for a full 24 hours and somebody changed it, that's my earned money gone and it didn't even last a single day :c

2. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

AFAIK I thought after 10 days you can remove the title

NeverReady likes this.
  3. Squeaks

Squeaks Member

You can but still, I spent the money on it and I have been wanting to have my tag for a super long time and once I got it somebody changed it..

4. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

When you buy titles, getting them changed is the risk you take.

5. Squeaks

Squeaks Member

There are even people who don't have a tag in the first place and people change it to whatever they want and those people can be kids who don't have the money to change it so they suffer with a tag saying [faggot], [annoying kid].. I have seen plenty of kids on the server trying to have fun and then people make their tags that and more and its not cool..

6. Ulapin

Ulapin Member

you're the only one complaining about it I don't think anyone else cares

Jr6150 and x9nine like this.
  7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

In the same way you've paid for your previous tag, someone else has paid to change it. It's no more fair on them to change the title you have now as they'd still "lose" that money. After 10 days titles are fair game for anyone, they're only $1 after all.

We can remove titles if they're offensive or malicious, or targetting a player etc. If a player receives a title with profanity in it and doesn't want it I believe we should remove the profanity, but I'll let Teddi decide.

NeverReady likes this.
  8. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Kaiden sums it up nicely. In the cases of active abuse we do have the ability to lock titles if it's evident that the user is being targetted for harrasment (and we have done this in the past).

Title cards are primarily meant to be a fun, light-hearted way to interact with each other as opposed to a grandiose "look at me, I have this fancy title which means bugger all". If you feel that you can't trust your title not to be changed after investing $1, then I recommend not utilising that aspect of the system at all or using one of the pre-set available titles in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.