[ACCEPTED] Song Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Junior, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

Maybe could add multiple sounds for votemap and randomize it? My friend and I we're playing on the Hard server and he was like "wtf is that sound" and yeah I told him is votemap. Or maybe have the option to change the votemap song in settings o_O

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

While it's not quite what you're suggesting, bb_votemapmusic 0 might work for him in the meantime (mutes the sound).

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I like the idea of changing it yeah, I know some players have gmod volume on loud, and it can startle them. A few choices wouldn't hurt, although I dunno how you'd go about toggling them. Agreed if they don't like it they can ofc just turn it off though.

I think there should be a speaker icon on the vote map screen in one of the corners which mutes it personally, I have no issue with but I have gmod on like 2% volume. I know it can drown out peoples music etc.

Junior likes this.
  4. Teddi

As of the next update you can set the "bb_votemapmusic_path" convar to change the sound of the votemap music. Any sound you want to use must exist within the garrysmod/sound folder (or relevant source game), must be a .wav, .mp3 or .ogg and confirm to all the usual source engine sound requirements.

E.g. the below would play a different song from HL1.
    Code:
    bb_votemapmusic_path music/hl1_song9.mp3

Kaiden likes this.
  5. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

So can you use your own .wav or would it have to be within in with the server files.

Soders likes this.
  6. Teddi

You can use your own supplied .wav, it just has to exist somewhere in garrysmod/sound

Soders and Junior like this.