[SUGGESTION] Hide & Seek

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Junior, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

been ready for a hide and seek function since groups were added

Kaiden likes this.
  2. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

I was 'umming and arr'ing about this, as while I think it's a good idea, I have concerns about surf becoming this monstrosity with lots of minigames attached to it, which may or may not be related to surf. @Teddi @Kaiden plz

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's a tough one. I suppose the question is that isn't the gamemode hide and seek not better for this purpose - or are you trying to fill in the time with friends before surfing again?

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I like the idea, we can have small, fun features that don't have to be designated as mini-games. The more features you can interact with after beating a map the better; one of our main issues is keeping mid range players on who aren't going for leader boards, but also bored once they beat the map. This feature probably wouldn't resolve that, but also wouldn't hurt.

If we take a game like WoW, where you have your core game, which I'd say is levelling and raids, then everything else is there to keep you occupied in-between, they're wholly positive things, but then we can see where they go too far, i.e. pet battles (um). Just need to decide what's worth it, don't think hide/seek would hurt as pretty innocuous.

Killermon likes this.
  5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I suppose as long as it's contained to within the group system and not surf itself, I can't see any real issue with it

Kaiden likes this.