[SUGGESTION] Simplifying Crafting

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

There's a general consensus from new players arriving and long-term players that they want to use crafting, but find it overly complex and difficult to get into.

Proposal is to remove Red, Blue and Yellow dusts, leaving White which can be renamed to Eternal Dust. Any existing RBY dusts in inventories to be turned into a misc/junk which can be used in crafting again.

I've come up with the below which I think is clean and the costs reflect what you're getting, and more importantly a lot simpler than now (sorry if maths is off drafting at 02:30).

upload_2020-3-31_2-23-11.png

I'd suggest the whole Crafting menu look like the below, so many less options and just looks so much more accessible:

upload_2020-3-31_2-34-45.png

Obviously open to tweaks and suggestions but strongly believe this is the necessary direction for crafting; any new player who gets interested in it raises the issues at some point or another. I'd also lower any crafting windows to at max 3 seconds assuming this is enough time for back end calculations.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Demo likes this.
  2. Demo

Demo New Member

Perhaps an additional feature could be added where you can convert up to 30 or so items from your inventory into a new 'plain dust', and crafting the coloured dust/suggested eternal dust would cost plain dust instead of items. This could also allow for including an 'autocraft' button at each dust level where it accepts the total amount of plain dust needed to craft that particular dust (if you have enough plain dust already in your inventory a prompt will appear saying 'this will cost _ plain dust to craft' so for example you could craft 1 timeless dust for 54 plain dust and skip the process of slowly crafting up to each dust.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

One thing I would like to do before the sweeping changes of this thread, is find a way to make this all so much smoother in terms of UI and functionality as a whole. I feel we've done a terrible job at letting people use this quickly and easily and that might be the main issue with it all, something like what Demo has already suggested for en-masse management.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I agree it should be more accessible, but the 3 colours should still go along with the 8 or so options on the menu, just makes it a lot easier to manage. I'd suggest making the changes and then seeing what else needs doing.

Ideally would have a "Break Down Duplicates" button that turns them all into Eternal Dust if that's possible, think that'd go along way to automating it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.