[SUGGESTION] Extra extension time on hard server

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by trickster, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trickster

trickster New Member

As the title suggests, I feel the hard server would benefit from the option of having extra time per map. Grinding to beat day or glogn or any other insane surfer on the hard server is a struggle, and is borderline impossible for me or most others with the current maximum map time. I feel an option to extend further if you are the only one on the server / below a threshold number of people / everyone on the server votes to extend would be a good idea.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of only getting less than an hour to grind out a literal tier 7 skip then have to wait 4 hours once I finally start getting consistent to be able to play it again, plus with how scarcely populated the hard server is it isn't uncommon to have only one or two players on a map grinding for a time. Obviously a map getting extended multiple times would be a rare occurrence, but it would personally motivate me a lot more to actually play maps on the hard server for a good time instead of just a completion and I am of the opinion that others would also benefit from the ability to play a map they want to play for longer if needed.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Welcome to the forums - there is a /extend feature already in place (although appreciate not really advertised), which if a majority of online players use will extend the map by (I believe) 15 minutes. If you're the only one on it should extend there and then. Could be worth looking at if /extend should possibly increase by 30 minutes on Hard.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    JesusCrust likes this.
  3. trickster

trickster New Member

I did use the /extend feature and still ran completely out of time. While I would be for increasing the extend time on the hard server, I feel being able to extend two or more times would be a more fitting solution from my point of view.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I think ultimately there needs to be variety, while you may want to stay on a certain map, others may be wanting to play another. You might be the only one on but others may be waiting to join until the map changes if it's one they don't want to play. Hard used to be an hour per map but ultimately had complaints about the lack of map rotation.

It's likely /extend will be increased to 30 minutes on Hard but will still only be usable once - 75 minutes on one map is probably the max we'll offer at present.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

/extend on the hard server is now 30 minutes instead of 15.

Soders and Kaiden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.