Staff abusive

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Trevor Crawshaw, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevor Crawshaw

Trevor Crawshaw New Member

To defend my self last night me and friends were having a lot of fun and were being loud with staff on and no one cared today we are playing and are not being nearly as loud. People in story : Me {Zrid) 2 day ballpit : Flash7632 bp 24hrs. : Blue Subaru bp 2 days sandbox (2 days possible)

The main reason i am making this is after i got BP for the reason "stfu" it was clear she wasnt having real reason behind it then flash got muted for the reason in the photo attached and then just kept telling us to just surf and be quit after muting me for 2 days and a person who did nothing for a day

Attached Files:

2. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

I was told about this shortly after it happened. I joined chat a little bit after the punishments were dealt. I wasn't sure if it was just a time where someone was trying to get their friend unballpitted or not as I hadn't been in the server when it happened. But literal seconds after I joined, a regular member of the community, Rock, even started asking about the punishment saying he heard nothing come out of the 'guilty party'. I asked him about it later and he told me through chat, (which I can get if requested) how he never heard the person ballpitted and then when inquiring about the punishment, multiple admins started getting a little bit defensive about it. Even someone else in chat, named Jake was confused as he heard nothing as well.

[​IMG]

Looking through chat and seeing an admin not be able to back up their choices with what they did when someone asks, had me slightly worried. It almost makes you look guilty in that regard. I'm not saying I know which side is wrong or right, but the chat somewhat speaks for itself.

I also asked Rock about the experience outside of the server--

[​IMG]

He is aware of who the actual culprits were and said he heard nothing of the sort come from Flash that would be a valid reason for a BP. Out of respect for Rock, I won't post some of the other things he said, but he was kind of shocked on how the admins treated him when he asked and it prompted this comment from him--

[​IMG]

This is actually something I don't think I would have ever seen or heard him say, but kinda shocked me. He's been a pretty good guy on the server and made me feel bad that people who should be HELPing the server are instead making regulars/veterans feel this way.

Like I've said before, I don't know the FULL story for both sides. But with more then one person in chat questioning the punishment, it makes the situation a little sticky. I get that people are annoying and you have to deal with them sometimes but you are also a rep for the server. Admin abuse isn't a good look for anyone involved or the server. And with that being said, I think things like these make us look bad and shouldn't come from a mod at all. There is no punishment to justify outright putting a reason like this--
    [​IMG]
    Doing stuff like this makes you look bad and even though it's just BB or a Garry's Mod server, unprofessional in a way.

I'm not really sure how to end this, but my point is, admin abuse is a pretty shitty thing and shouldn't just be disregarded.
    Thanks.

3. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

Allow me to first apologize to Rock. I will personally apologize to him. I have also been on BB Surf EZ for years and there is no reason for me to be disliked by regular occurring people.
    Rock is claiming the other two people are being 'asshats' which isn't very respectful in representation either if he is defending what happened. As for me saying 'stfu' along with plenty of other admins naming reasons that probably wouldnt 'represent the server well'. I imagine Teddi would understand me putting that in haste as he bp'd the same kid for screaming.
    Flash , along with subaru, were crude and spamming the mic with the behavior over and over on mic. Flash targeting me probably out of spite of his gang being bp'd. They mentioned they were able to roam free and wild last night on vc so i understand from their point of view, the unfairness. However, from my knowledge, I believe I represent the server splendidly and I love spending time on GMOD. Admin abuse can be called out by anyone but I feel NeverReady should step aside and chat with the staff member affected before or even beside the person making the complaint.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  4. Trevor Crawshaw

flash never said a word to you the only thing he said about the mess was how long is this one for

5. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

That is just a boldface lie man, i'm sorry. Flash used voice chat again and again to repeatedly and crudely target me, the admin that is punishing you for good reason.

6. Trevor Crawshaw

what was flash saying then and do you have any proof of him targeting you

7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I've removed the below 2 punishments as the reasons don't justify the action or length. Will get a reminder out that punishment reasons need to be accurate and relevant or they'll be removed, this has always been the case.

upload_2021-6-29_1-40-30.png

I'll also clarify we have no issue with short mutes, a couple of hours if the player has no punishment history is fine. If it's their first punishment 2 days is probably excessive. Another reason shorter mutes can be a good idea, as if it's a few hours ultimately we'll likely make you wait it out as the damage is minimal, even if we got it wrong.

I know voice chat can get pretty heated and it can be quite hard to admin when various people are yelling at you you're wrong, if we back-track on punishments there and then people tend to get lenient or expect a million warnings, so posting on the forums to review after the fact is correct. While I wasn't online, from the looks of it it probably could have been handled a bit better, but at the same time baby pluto has only just joined the Admin team and it can take some getting used to riled up voice/text chat.

I would advise that the voice chat isn't your playground however, we do have rules (/rules in-game) and if 1-2 players are found to be dominating the mic an Admin is in their right to send to the ballpit. If you want to be dumb, play music etc (as examples), it's always suggested to do this in the ballpit which you can enter yourself via bb_ballpit 1 in console (0 to leave).

------------------------

Ultimately we don't expect Admins to provide voice evidence to justify their ballpits, they're long term players that have demonstrated they can be trusted. Text logs we can look at but we simply don't have audio evidence to recover (demo's are good for appealing punishments).

I think at this stage I'll lock this as the points have been made, 2 punishments removed now and will chat with Teddi to likely remove the rest tomorrow (02:00 here) given enough time will have passed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.