[SUGGESTION] Knife Crates

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by MochaBear, Jan 18, 2022.

?

Do you think knives would be a good idea for the server?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

44.4%
  1. MochaBear

MochaBear New Member

Have you ever wanted to have something a little more than a hat crate, or do you just want to add a little bit more style to your surf? My suggestion is knife crates there are alot of practical uses for knife crates in BB Surf for example.
    • Knife Crates give another alternative to hat crates, something you can actually see while you surf
    • Knife Crates are optional and you won't be forced to have one
    • Knife Crates can add more use for the market place as people will be able to trade knives
    • ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶l̶e̶x̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶k̶n̶i̶f̶e̶
    If that's not enough to convince you I offer you this video

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

We have no desire at this time to add knives as it's a load of extra assets to send to the user with minimal positives. While I agree crates could be better with how some items are distributed, knives aren't really one of those ways to make it better.

Miravyre and Soders like this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I don't think they bring anything personally, we have a store and 500+ items to use/equip instead of knives. It's somewhat a case of other servers do it so we need it too which just isn't the case really. Ultimately they don't bring anything to the game itself and I think the alternatives we provide are good substitutes.

Soders and Miravyre like this.
  4. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

in other words,

upload_2022-1-19_20-40-49.png

forreal tho i think you should improve crates !

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Soders likes this.
  5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Crates are sort of what they are, without adding a bunch of items that aren't in the store and only available from crates, they're only going to have so much value. The reason they have worth in games like Overwatch or packs like Hearthstone is because there's no other way to get the items, just by their gambling (aimed at children). I think morally and legally wise it's really something we need to be careful around, especially with EU laws, so we offer pretty much everything at a cost in the store too at present, or achievable by the crafting mechanics.

There's some ideas around how "black market" crates or some other offerings could fit into i.e. the marketplace that could be interesting to explore though.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  6. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

It might seem a little extra, but what if we had more specific crates than just "season crates" Kind of going along the whole "knife crate" thing in a sense of crates sort of tailored to specific slots for example. So one such thing would be a "Head Item Crate" or a "Misc Item Crate" which you can potentially get these as perhaps a rare bonus item from your average season crates

Soders likes this.