[SUGGESTION] Pre strafe

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Elysian, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

Show on chat the speed you are when your timer starts. Could be a togglable on F1.
    Most decent players on bb dont know about pre strafe or if it's doing them good and this could help.
    The ideal would be for it to show up on the screen like splits do, but idk if thats hard, so chat also works.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    Miravyre and Soders like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Doesn't the speed clamp at starting zones negate the requirement to pre strafe? Given you'll be automatically slowed down if you exceed 280 or so. Or have I missed something.

3. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

No, the speed required for the speed clamp is much higher, given you can bhop 2 times and still be safe, i think speed clamp is around 390. A good pre strafe is the equivalent to 1-2 bhops and can save like 0.3 or 0.4 seconds.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

The idea in the pre speed clamp is so people aren't forced to pre-speed and optimise bhops over and over again with constant resets, so maybe that needs reviewing in general.

5. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

Isnt the point of the clamp to prevent people from bhopping and starting with more speed than allowed? The pre strafe isnt as "cheaty", if people want to get good at surf they will need to learn pre strafe at some time. Also constant resets wont happen too much, showing the pre strafe speed would be there only to teach people a consistent pre strafe, that is done in like 30 minutes and you rarely will need to reset again.

6. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

my name is baby pluto, and i , do not know how to properly prestrafe:(

Soders likes this.