Cami's MVP Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by cami, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cami

cami New Member

• Cami
    • I only play on surf. I'm applying for MVP
    • I think I should be accepted into this role because I frequently play on the surf server (basically every day I'm home lol), and while I'm not well known I do enjoy talking to everyone when I can and I play on the server pretty frequently. Personally I would like to be MVP because there has been many times I have been on the server and people have said bad things to me, both voice chat and text chat, and often there aren't any admins on or any that will do anything about it at least. I obviously wouldn't abuse it anytime someone insults me or something, but I've heard a lot of discriminatory things targeted towards me in the past, and there either aren't any admins on the server or I'm just told to /ignore them when I don't understand how that fixes the problem. I usually don't ever take things personally but if it's right after someone finds out I'm a woman and they immediately start saying creepy or rude things to me because of it (not as a joke) is when I really don't enjoy it. I think I just find myself playing on the server at times when there aren't any admins around to help with my situation. With all of that being said, I can't promise I will be consistently active at any specific times if that's what the admin team is looking for, my life is always all over the place but I do generally enjoy playing this server any chance given and I try to at least a bit every day I'm home. Apologies for the incredibly long application (compared to others I've seen), but thank you for reading it. Have a good day!

2. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

I would suggest getting to know the community a little further before applying. The admins really are active, I suggest using /admin in the future. We take it very seriously when someone is being harassed or targeted on our server, especially me! And I am a woman! So i get it. I’m not sure I personally have seen you on the server, and I can only speak for myself, so good luck and remember that The staff will always be here to try and make your surf experience better!

Miravyre and cami like this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

While I appreciate the application and all the time you spend in-game, I think there's other ways to address this. While I think the /ignore tool is great (very few servers offer such a powerful tool to permanently ignore someone, rather than the usual per session/map), I would like Pluto suggested use /admin if you're being harassed, as we respond to 95% of those quickly. If you'd prefer you can record the offending players and post that to be reviewed after the fact, and they can be ballpitted if found to be breaking the rules. I don't think going down the MVP route for this is maybe needed so try out /admin and we can see how it goes.

Miravyre and cami like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.