Sub Admin Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Syrex, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syrex

Syrex New Member

Hi!
    You may have seen me around a few times. Im sy. I was Syrex awhile ago, so you may remember me based on that name. Ive been surfing on bb since 2016, so its been quite some time. Ive become very familiar with the community, and have always wanted to have more function to help out the server. Ive been online so many times where someone is harrasing someone, someone is screaming into the mic, etc. and its been my goal to be able to take care of those issues as a trusted sub of bb. On top of that, Im generally pretty friendly and helpful when Im on, and try to make sure everyone is having the best experience they can. It would be an honor to finally take another step further into bb, and represent my favorite server of all time.

2. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

1. You should refer you the "Applications + You" forum post provided by Teddi in the Applications section where it gives you the general know how of what you should provide in an application as well as some other tid bits that would be useful for applying!
    2. You posted in the wrong place!

I personally have only remembered seeing you a small amount of times! Even if you may have been playing for as long as you say I believe it would be a bit of a stretch to try and just apply for sub admin. If I had to be honest it would most likely be best to become more active in the community so that more and more people can get to know you and try to apply for MVP and think about what you want to do from there later.

3. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

I would get to know the community a little better, apply for mvp and then see where you stand. I also think we have plenty of active staff at the moment. But somewhere along down line, we may need help, so it would be good that you would apply for MVP role at that time.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Hi there, so I know you've applied a few times in the past and I've replied each time. Looking back at your 2020 application I gave a pretty in-depth closure note which I'll include again below. I don't think again too much has changed - using /admin once in 2021 and once in 2022, and I don't see much involvement in Discord and the like. I just don't think we see enough of you involved in the community at present to consider for Admin or MVP. And MVP to me is a "champion" who fosters a positive culture and earnestly helps new players, whilst working towards the betterment of BB, and would be a pre-cursor to getting Admin.

--------------

Hey, so I think it's worth referring back to your last MVP application, and the reason it wasn't successful. In it I raised that you should record and post some demos of those abusing voice chat that aren't getting muted in your timezone - I can see you haven't done this, nor posted on the forums since the application. I also can't see you using the Discord unless you're exclusively using voice.We spoke in April in-game about how you were unhappy about not getting MVP, and I raised that I still don't have evidence of you helping to combat mic spammers.

[...]

As well, the only /admin I can see over the past 6+ months for either Sy or Syrex is the below - I don't know if it's you but it definitely isn't what /admin is intended for.

Sy has requested help on [BB] Skill-Surf [Easier Maps (Tier 1-3)] Store | Leaderboards. Message: these fellow surfers picked a garbage map

Appreciate you're clearly keen and interested in supporting the server, but at this stage I don't think anything has changed since the last application and my denial reasons are still valid. With all the above aside I'm glad you've enjoyed playing for 4 years and continue to return.

Miravyre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.