[ACCEPTED] Vanquisher Achievement

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Can we get an Achievement added which you're awarded for getting Vanquisher? The Achievement to award an item that is TBC. From previous Soders suggestion.

Vanquisher
    Earn the 'Vanquisher' title in the Surf Ranking system.

Lisa, Killermon, boolamp and 2 others like this.
  2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Member

would be cool. we should ask kaiden for it

3. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

Talked a few times in game and I personally thought of perhaps 1/2 items being awarded for having acquired this achievement one being a crown the other being a tiara that may or may not differ from the current store crown/tiara. I was thinking to give the item something more unique that it would have a special made gem that would be in the shape of the Vanquisher rank!
    Going off of that while i was writing this i also thought that it could also be a crown/tiara with perhaps a unique unusual effect with floating vanquisher logos similar to another effect i've seen i think Jr use with the trophies. :p

boolamp and Soders like this.
  4. boolamp

boolamp [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I like this idea, would make getting vanq just that more rewarding, similar to the winners reprieve. I agree with Mira's idea above me with the unique unusual effect, and the crown or maybe make it a misc item than can have an unusual effect like the headsplitter. One thought i had is that would it be given to all previous vanquishers? or only given to vanquishers that achieve vanq after the achievement is added?

Soders and Miravyre like this.
  5. Kaiden

I think without complicating it too much it'd be similar to what we have already - meet the criteria for an achievement and get an item you keep forever. Intention would be that back-dates to any previous Vanquishers.

Soders, Miravyre and boolamp like this.
  6. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

So, this is something I want to do. Dealing with what's been bought up (Or has been mentioned before!) - it's not possible to enforce an item only being equippable if you're a Vanquisher, as the equip system is internally, loaded before the ranking system - thus the item would get removed the moment you logged in each time. Some other challenges include, how to give out the achievement? As I can't deliver them when you're offline at the moment and forcing players to log in to claim it is risky, as it means if you have the Vanq rank for an hour, and didn't get a chance to log in, you would miss it.

As for back dating it, that is something I would want to do. It is doable, but very time consuming, as I would need to calculate ranks for every hour since the rank system was released to get an accurate view.

Anyhow, just to confirm it's something I want to do, but it's not without it's challenges.

Miravyre, boolamp and Soders like this.
  7. Kaiden

Sounds good - I think actual Vanquishers are less than 10 and can probably identify them by Discord announcing who get it - I seem to recall that went live at a similar time to the ranks going out.

I think general idea is the item would go to those who've earned the achievement and they'd keep it perm - a bit too complicated to look at locking out items based on rank I think.

Generally we've seen those who get it tend to have it for a few days at least, I suppose anyone who had it temporarily and never got it again and didn't log in for the achieve could look to award manually I can't imagine it happening often.

Elysian, Killermon, Miravyre and 2 others like this.
  8. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

Achievement + item is a great idea, and i also recommend it being a crown. Most item slots are kinda scuffed depending on the slot, and there is already a good aura achievement, so either a hat, a face item or some cool shoes that come with a trail. Not gonna lie, shoes would be pretty funny, and a trail makes it cool.

Miravyre likes this.
  9. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Took a year, but we got there guys!!!!!

Miravyre likes this.
  10. JamesTheGayAngel

JamesTheGayAngel [BB] Admin Admin

Well a year and few days

Miravyre likes this.