MVP App

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Syrex, Aug 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syrex

Syrex New Member

Hi, Im applying again. If what is needed is endorsements from notable members of the community, I can ask and get them. I know and am aware of active members, and know lots of notable people. jr, midna, snow, lightning, traitors, rock, teddi, etc. I feel like Ive been prominent enough. I may not be on your radar kaiden, but I believe that I am an active and notable enough user and member to deserve such a role/responsibility. Ive applied for this position 3 times in total, and each time I have been denied for one reason or another.
    If what you need is endorsements, I can get them.

2. traitorsavatar

traitorsavatar New Member

1+ to Sy here, in all my encounter's with this player there was never an issue caused by him. He is also a reoccurring member not a 1 time joiner

Syrex likes this.
  3. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

Okay... So third application in the span of 2-3 days? I think you've missed the points of the prior applications. The problem is not so much that you need people to endorse your application but rather that you become more known in the community so that people would want to endorse your application, not have you go into the server and go out of your way to ask anyone to endorse it. From what i know you've played the server however i can also say that in all of my time playing i've only seen your name pop up recently, whether that's just me being on at the wrong times or not i can't say, however i've played very consistently over the past year so i don't know what to really say... That being said it's clear you're very persistent on trying step up which isn't bad, but do understand that you shouldn't really be trying this hard when it's not going anywhere! You should give it a few MONTHS to get to know today's community and apply later!

Lucretia likes this.
  4. Syrex

Syrex New Member

I had asked people who I knew, and asked if they *wanted* to endorse me. I went out and asked, because they may not be on the forum when I post it, and not see it. I've known traitors for awhile, and I asked him specifically for that very reason. Ive been persistent its something Ive wanted since I got platnium which was *ages* ago. Ive applied for it way in the past, and was told I needed more playtime, got more playtime. Applied again, needed to prove I was helping people, and I didnt remember ever to take screenshots to prove I was doing so, and so I got denied again. And now im applying for a third time, because even though Im not a member who is super active, Im always coming back, im on every couple weeks, and I know people who are admin who are way less active. Id just like to help out more, I feel like ive proven to be a trustworthy member, but thats up to you.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

[​IMG]

Edit: As an executive decision, any additional applications from yourself within the next 3 months will not only lead to a ban from the forums to help you cool off, but also (temporarily) eventually from the game servers themselves.

You're clearly not taking on the feedback and are attempting to bruteforce your way in. Exactly a quality we don't want in a person.

Killermon and Miravyre like this.
  6. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So to add to this, contrary to your belief, I don't just randomly deny apps - I'll seek feedback from others, notably on the Admin team, and the general consensus across the board was;
    • You aren't seen enough in-game, as you mention you disappear for months at a time - while its your decision when you play, this isn't helpful in either MVP or Admin roles. We have some inactive staff now, but at the time of joining they were always active and playing daily consistently. We looked at your total play time and it was around 10 days over 5-6 or so years, this is low in the grand scheme.
    • You're not active enough in the wider community - you don't contribute on the forums, Discord, the mapping committee (which you can access as Plat) and the like. Those I spoke to couldn't say they knew you or of you (likely because of the aforementioned lack of involvement in the community). Chatting in-game and playing is just one part of becoming involved and becoming MVP/Admin.
    • You don't contribute to trying to deter unwanted behaviour - You've used /admin maybe 5 times in 5 years, and once was for "bad map choice". You've never recorded demos and posted them to seek to deter abusive or unwanted behaviour when no Admins are on.
    I've wrote all of this above in laymen's terms on every app you've posted, perhaps I can work on being more blunt, but I feel I spelled all of this out multiple times. The fact you then went bombastic at Teddi and requested to be perm banned (which I'd encourage you appeal and I'll acknowledge), proves right now you're not someone to award a position of responsibility to. My post yesterday explicitly says "apply again in 6 months after getting engaged with the community and helping deter abuse with /admin and demos" - applying again a day later will achieve nothing but force me to invest more time enforcing a decision I've already made.

I think at this stage I would not apply in the future - your reactionary tirade both in-game and on Discord after rejection isn't something we're looking for. I'm more than happy for you to continue enjoying Surf as a player, but becoming an MVP or Staff A) isn't for everyone B) isn't necessary to enjoy the game and C) is just not going to happen I'm afraid.

To add - none of this is meant in a spiteful way or against you as a person, I still appreciate how long you've been playing BB, just want to be direct concerning why you're facing repeat rejection here.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Miravyre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.