Appeal 2 year ban.

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Iizerd, Sep 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iizerd

Iizerd New Member

I could compound all my evidence surrounding pluto's inappropriate behavior including but not limited to the endangerment of children in real life, double standards, and disregard for the actual written rules of the server. I could use these stories told behind closed doors to try and bring about her demise! I could continue to hold a grudge and fight a battle I would never win. There are so many paths I could choose, only one of which holds my salvation. All others doom me to only being able to pm people on BB for the next two years. After nearly four months my anger and ego have simmered and all I wish for is to be able to commune with my fellow surfers once more. I am truly sorry for all the things I said those many months ago. I had aligned myself with toxic people and was fostering a very toxic online persona. I was waking up in the morning and going to my job as an educator only to come home at 5pm and become a completely different person whilst on the computer. As these two personalities began to merge together my life started to fall apart. I won't go into any details but looking back now from a saner state of mind I can see how horrible of a person I was being. My treatment of others who I considered below myself was completely unacceptable. I've offended a lot of people. I've thrown away a lot of potential friendships in favor of more toxic ones. I'm sorry to every one of you who I hurt. I'm most sorry to pluto who I once wished the most horrible things upon. I am here before you all now on my knees begging to be given another chance.

punishment ids: 18967, 18968
    Steam: 76561198347248574 Steam Community :: Iizerd

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So the first 3rd of the post seems to show you're not over being punished by Pluto. If you were over it you wouldn't have wrote all that.

I haven't really enjoyed the way you've communicated in the past, and I get a lot less complaints with you muted, but I think a fair amount of your attitude was forced and would be pretty easy to not continue acting that way if you chose. While the second half of the thread seems genuine it's also easy to make up, and the persona you've presented on BB over the years is one that would have no issue making all that up to achieve something unfortunately.

As we don't know you personally we can only take it at face value, I think the whole begging thing at the end isn't sincere and in my opinion you probably still hold contempt for various individuals in BB.

I think either way a punishment stands, I'd move towards having it reduced to a year which is generally the standard when someone reaches the level of punishments you hold, which would be next April, but welcome others thoughts. In the interest of being up front I'd say it's not going to be shortened to less than a year. I'd also highlight you can still speak to those who join the Ballpit to talk to you, or are placed there, like seen yesterday.

Miravyre likes this.
  3. Iizerd

Iizerd New Member

There is no doubt that I still hold contempt for several people within my heart. However, the anger and hatred I feel for them is smothered by a want and need to communicate with others on BB! It's taken quite some time, but I accept that the only way for me to be an active part of this community is not to abuse and dominate, but to submit and join. I've realized that I can't just pick and choose who I want to engage with properly, I need to be fair to all. I am actively making an effort to change myself in person, and I am doing the same online. A shortening of the punishment to only a year would be more than generous and much appreciated.

In an effort to make good on all I've said... I think maybe it's time I actually read the rules on BB instead of just asking Teddi loosely what is and isn't allowed . I was looking around but couldn't find them on the wiki and just want to make sure that everything I do falls within their bounds.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

What I'd suggest is using the /ignore system in-game to permanently mute those you don't want to hear/communicate with - that way you have zero chance of engaging with them once you're unmuted.

Rules for the servers are here - https://bbservers.co.uk/globalrules/, I think it's /rules in-game too.

Will have a chat with Teddi about the length.

Miravyre likes this.
  5. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

Claiming I am an endangerment to children is truly off the rails for even you. I vote that he gets an extension of punishment just for being such a poor actor.

6. Iizerd

Iizerd New Member

Sorry for the late reply I just moved down to Irvine. You are right, I should not have included that part about children as I've only heard rumors. After all, to survive we do what we must. But my friend there is no reason for us to have to fight. Any quarrels I had with you in the past are just that, in the past! I may not agree with things you've done. I may consider them abhorrent and distasteful. However, I harbor no feelings of hatred towards you at all. I acknowledge that we live in two very different worlds. BB is your domain and I most certainly recognize and respect that now. Your authority is absolute the rules are interpreted and upheld by you not me. It isn't my job to question the decisions you make. I'm only here to ask forgiveness. I believe I am ready NOW to return to the community with full communication privileges. But I do know the scars that my harsh and unjust words cut into you are deep and will take time to heal. I understand why my punishment cannot be shortened. However, I implore you not to seek out an extension. The chances I am still surfing in 2 years are low as is. But on the off chance I am I would love to commune with my fellow surfers at that time. Please don't take that chance away from me.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Punishment has been reduced to 1 year, although Pluto did fairly call out the remark about children being wrong and she's rightly correct in that regard. I'd strongly recommend keeping a very clean slate from now on.

Miravyre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.