Proper Procedure? Is this what we want?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Case, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Case

Case New Member

This post is written with an ammount of shock and anger.

Endor was removed from his position as group leader for 'inactivity.'
    As far as I can tell, this action was taken by Teddi on his own authority. The reasoning is for this action seems to be that:
    - Lambda is important to RP
    - To succeed, Lambda needs a leader that Teddi approves of
    - Teddi will use his authority to unseat a group leader and install a new one if he sees fit.

My understanding of the group system on BB seems to be flawed. I was under the impression that the groups were player-run organisations on the server. This action seems to say that the admins have the ultimate control over the groups.
    That seems like a bold statement, but I will explain.
    I am a member of Lambda, and have talked with quite a few members over the hours.
    I haven't found a single member, much less a majority, that wants Endor out of leadership. So that would indicate this this is a Teddi decision about what is right for Lambda...not a Lambda decision.
    Second, Lambda is not being allowed to elect its own new leadership. Upon close inspection, Teddi is the person installing the next leader. Not a Lambda decision, another Teddi decision.

So it all comes down to this:
    Is this a message to all the groups on the server, or just an abuse of power?

2. Stanley Kowalski

Stanley Kowalski New Member

I agree with some parts of this.....Endor was somewhat inactive but he should have gotten a warning to either start getting more involved or be demoted (did he? Dunno) and personally I think that the new leader should be voted in by the members of LR and it should be someone who has been with the group for a while. Some random person getting control of a rebel group is unrealistic from an RP point of view.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

How about I haven't said how I'm going to do it, but i was thinking of a poll.

All of you, stop jumping to bloody assumptions.

4. Light Yagami

Light Yagami New Member

You were thinking of a Poll....

now who made a poll recently that was locked...?

5. Maeve Keeva

Maeve Keeva Ban'd

Because it was 5 days early and full of mischievous plans, going against what was stated in the Application notification.

6. Light Yagami

Light Yagami New Member

Plans that would have ensured everyone in Lambda being happy, after all thats what the groups about? There was a steam conversation with the top members and we agree'd on it.

7. Case

Case New Member

You want the truth? Lambda wanted to hold their own elections. That is the truth of the matter. In light of the unfairness of booting Endor, Lambda hoped to make a preemptive strike in supporting their OWN candidate from their OWN ranks.

Mischievious plans come from other sources than our ranks.

8. Teddi

I stated people were needed to make applications, and i told Kira to post an application, not a poll. Kira went ahead, against what I wished and made a poll after privately consulting all of LR. I've giving those that i feel may bring better RP to the group to LR. I'm giving a chance for everyone. However, if people wish to suggest ways politely, I'll read and consider them.

Oh, and you say top members. Your best Rper could be a lower ranked.

9. Light Yagami

Light Yagami New Member

I called in that person, Case Hardwell. He's lower ranked and I included him.

Teddi we wanted the best chance of someone in Lambda getting it, we didn't see there to be any resoning so we tried to ensure it would happen. In my opinion all we were doing was giving support, I don't care about ME being leader but I don't want an outsider getting it.

10. angry biker

angry biker Detective

If anyone ishould get leader it should be a high ranked member of lambda and chosen by those in lambda, no one wants a person no one likes as leader, so seeing as it would affect everyone in lambda then lambda should get to pick who is our next leader.

11. Case

Case New Member

If people have POLITE ideas about how Lambda leadership should be elected, I reccomend taking it to another thread. This thread was not exactly stared politely, so I think another thread or PM messages would be more appropriate.

12. Teddi

Why does everyone assume someone outside will get it? I'm sorry but I've made no decisions yet on who gets it, Yet all i'm hearing is "EXU IS SAYING EVANDER IS LEADER WHUT".

I've said nothing to anyone. So do go assuming.

I hold nothing against Exu for those that are wondering. His choices are his own.

13. Light Yagami

Light Yagami New Member

Yes but whats the point?

Teddi your a smart person so you must have predicted that even having to possibility of having an outsider be Leader would cause a E-Political backlash. That means that you HAD to do this for some unknown reason.

Exuvae could have been warned, we were using tactics to make sure that WE would enjoy the group instead of having someone hat we aven't rped with much take over.

14. Teddi

No. What everyone is thinking is OMFG WE'RE GETTING AN OUTSIDE LEADER.

I've made no statement. I'm not fowarding anything. I haven't even made a decision yet on who gets it.

15. Case

Case New Member

On topic, this is the point I am trying to make.

Why is this Teddi's decision?

16. Robosmores

Robosmores New Member

I've been reading this topic and some others concerning Evander applying for leader of Lambda and how people don't want her in for just not being Lambda. She might not be in Lambda, but if she can benefit the group and server, who cares? I know you guys keep saying "She's not in Lambda, why is she getting a chance?" but have you actually seen her reasoning for wanting to be the leader of Lambda instead of just stopping after she said she wasn't in Lambda. Everyone that does or doesn't know her should know that she is a very intelligent individual who only seeks to help people and you should be able to tell this from reading all of her posts. Lastly, people that do know her, know in-game that she is one of those people that can actually do serious roleplay so why shouldn't you actually giver her at least a chance?

Although...why has Teddi made it clear that he will choose the new leader rather then let the group decide their leader anyway? I think if Teddi chooses someone Lambda doesn't like people might stop roleplaying Lambda or quit the group. Yeeeeeet, Teddi has also said he might make a post about who Lambda wants as their leader, not everyone else. So on why Teddi says he will choose the leader, it's pretty much un-confirmed until he lets Lambda decide or he decides, my viewpoint on this is he should let ONLY lambda decide on the matter since it is their leader.

17. Light Yagami

Light Yagami New Member

Yeah but Robo theres also the possibility of people in Lambda who are just as qualified.

18. Teddi

So then why all this anger. All the hate. There is no need for it. Being Civil would have worked just as well. Now, I see two main complaints.

A) I Kicked Exuvae out without a warning
    B) You don't seem to want someone from the outside. For what reason this is, I don't know. But you all seem to have got it into your heads that someone from the outside would join. Isn't this somewhat silly and arrogant to presume actions that are yet to happen? Shame on you all.

19. Robosmores

Robosmores New Member

I know there is, I'm just trying to stop all this ranting about how Evander isn't in Lambda.

20. Tools

Tools New Member

lol I dont really see why you guys are complaining about this, Even if she gets the leader, we have to have poeple on the server to roleplay with..

Yall should stop bitching about stupid things and think about how were gonna get are server populated agian. For the last few days the server has had very few people in it at one time. It uset to be packed all the time, even after a crash, but now i dont know.

I think to myself, how do you roleplay a group when there is no one on to roleplay with?

Maybe we should all think about that.. Becuase right now were losing more people than we are gaining..

Dont flame..

I'm talking about are server, While everyone else is down alittle, are's is down ALOT.