Proper Procedure? Is this what we want?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Case, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I think it's the whole back to work / college / school thing at the moment, everyone is busy trying to settle down. I think once it gets going again, things will restore. I've noticed all Gmod servers slightly empty, not just BB.

But, back on topic I believe.

2. Light Yagami

Light Yagami New Member

Teddi we're being realistic, I don't hate you and I have great respect for what you've done for this community. I am being Civil. Im using proper arguements without insults.

We're going by the POSSIBILITY that Evander could become leader and no matter what respect I have for her I don't feel it's right.

3. Teddi

Then don't blow things out of proportion.

Now, what are people more sour about?

Exu being removed or the possibility of an Outsider getting Leader.
    Note i said more.

4. Tools

Tools New Member

Maybe its becuase when Overwatchs Leader left, a guy within the ranks of OW was choosen for leadership.. They could feel that they should have the same rights as OW.

5. Robosmores

Robosmores New Member

Although I'm still skeptical about why you kicked Exauve and didn't really give too much warning, I wouldn't want anyone outside of lambda not able to try out for leader just for the reason that they aren't in Lambda.

6. Biff Johnston

Biff Johnston <MARQUEE><h1 style="color:Green">[BB] Grand Master

I think that the leader should be someone from within lambda, considering this is the oldest group on BB the leader needs to be one of those members who has been with it for a long time and knows everyone and knows how everything works. Not just some random outside person.

7. Case

Case New Member

For me its a false distinction. Lambda didn't ask to kick Endor. To me both of those options show a lack of self-determination in our own affairs.

I think that if over the month that Endor was gone, Lambda had gotten sick of having no leadership we could have stepped in and asked the admins to step in and promote one of our choices to leadership as a stop-gap measure.

8. Teddi

So then what would be the measures people would like to see.

9. Tools

Tools New Member

I would like to see a political campaign go on... haha People make poster and advertisments...

Or we could go to the Refs from memebers of lambda or the community..

Teddi i like how your asking to community what they think...

10. Case

Case New Member

I risk offending the higher-ups in the Lambda ranks by saying this in a public forum. If any of you are offended, I apologise in advance.

Aside from other things mentioned, there is a good reason why the next leader of Lambda should be selected from within its own ranks.
    We have already seen it with Endor to an extent. When you work to get higher in an organisation and someone is promoted over you, feelings are hurt. Higher ranks have a feeling (and sometimes a derserved one) of seinority and entitlement because of their rank. When you take someone who hasn't been with them and earned what they earned and promote them to leade; people get angry.

I don't approve of how the situation was handled with Endor. At least in a public view, Endor was the leader one minute and kicked to the curb the next. I am sure Teddi has good intentions, but that sort of action really stings. Moreso if you built Lambda from the ground up. I believe that if an outsider is picked for leader, EVERYONE in Lambda will feel that to a greater or lesser extent.

11. River Rat

River Rat New Member

How come I was not invited to this LR chat?

I feel like my group hates me now.

Top members. Eh.

12. limilim

limilim Active Member

I wuv you

13. River Rat

River Rat New Member

:3 Yay. :3

?

14. Gene Hunt

Gene Hunt Member

Would just like to add, Teddi allowed me to assign a leader of my resignation because of personal issues that I wont disclose.

Welshdrag was my co-leader and I said to him that he would take over before I left.

And I think we should all stop using the excuse that this is all a conspiracy about evander.

Teddi does not have a personal preferace to evander over other people.

It just looked that way due to certain coincidences.

I personally have no anger against evander, things are done.

But you must all stop thinking that evander takes priority over anyone else.

She has the same rights as any of you guys. The fact she is teddi friend does not mean teddi will be bias.

If she did get LR leader, Then I would know that it wasnt a bias decision.

I spoke to Teddi over vent last night, and I've known him for.. well.. since I've been here.

I like exuvae, I like teddi.

I'm not going to jump on any sides here, Just saying my reasoning and opinion.

15. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Top members. Eh.[/quote:35ad6h9e]

You weren't on.