Group ideas/apps

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by chewy1993, Oct 14, 2008.

1. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

When someone proposes a group, they lose their position. To me, this is not fair, especially if it gets denied and/or just giving ideas. Also, when they apply for a new position, they lose their current position, REGARDLESS if they get accepted or not.

Example of someone just proposing an idea, and would have lost their position, if they had one at that time: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8763

You should only lose your position IF and ONLY if you get accepted into another group. ;)
    I think I speak for everyone, that is hesitant to get a new position, because of this.

FYI: I am happy with my scanner position, I still want it, but If i wanted to change, I wouldn't want to gamble it JUST to get a chance at becoming another "job".

2. Tools

Tools New Member

Thats a good point... I mean what if they are just suggesting the idea, so someone else could run it?

3. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

definitely
    if applying for a group you should be automatically taken out
    but if applying for a NEW group , not

4. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Well, it isn't illegal to go to interviews at other companies while you are still working at your old job. While it may get you fired if you go to your "doctors appointment"/interview during work time, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for an employer (in Canada at least) to fire an employee just because of his/her actions on non-work time. Same should apply to groups here.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Well lets look at it this way.

You're an ESU in CP, but don't really want to be in it anymore so you apply to BM. You write in your app "I'd like to be in BM very much but if I don't get in I can just fall back on CP" which I've seen people write. Basically I'll remove anyone from CP who's just in it for a "Fail safe" to fall back on if their primary group isn't accepting them, they should want to be in CP not just be there because they can't get somewhere else.

6. Stanley Kowalski

Stanley Kowalski New Member

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This, is why I say it. People use it as a safety net which is not correct, and abuse of the system. We try to ensure fairness within the system, hence why we remove you if you apply. To create a new app for a whole new group is the same thing. If you want to post an idea / suggestion, do it in the idea / suggestions application. When you make a new group application, the idea is that you're going to lead it and that it's you being judged along side the group, which it even says this in the yellow group. I'm all for ideas, but post them in the correct section or you may have sanctions taken against you.

I'll add that to the yellow box now.

8. Tools

Tools New Member

It different if you apply for a group, then submitting a group app.

9. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Not really, if you do either it means you want to be somewhere else than your current group, which means you shouldn't be there.

10. angry biker

angry biker Detective

I think we should keep it as it is, it kinda stops tons o groups being proposed when half of the players are in groups.

11. Tools

Tools New Member

Thats the problem theres not enough groups for all the people in BB. It's true, it is funner to be a in a group then not to be in one and With the groups having low amounts of people in them only.

Some of the groups need low numbers but then some don't.

12. angry biker

angry biker Detective

but, if people lose there position in another group when they apply to make one, thell put more of an effort into the group app and a little more organiseation.

.........and btw, I had last post in all the topics in the recent posts, then tools came and ruined it lol :p

13. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

I'm pretty sure it's the decision of the leader to kick someone out of a group if they make another group app. Maybe if you asked the group leader they'd let you stay in the group until your group is accepted or denied.