Monitor companies lie there eyes off!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chewy1993, Nov 2, 2008.

1. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

I have an Acer P193W, that says it's max resolution is 1440x900 pixels. However, when I go into the display settings for it, and change it to a higher resolution(1680x1050) it bounces around in front of my desktop (monitor's message) that says that the input is not supported, however, I see that it looks PERFECT. I think these companies make one screen, and name it two, High-res, and normal; the only difference is different firmware and different labels. If I were to count the pixels, I wouldn't be surprised to count 1680 horizontally and 1050 vertically. Is there a way to make the monitor ignore this, or is it just a nag message that subliminally tells you to get their better monitor. I really think that these companies lie on the hardware. The aspect ratio is definitely the same, and there isn't any tearing. Be aware that when you are buying a normal resolution screen, you might be getting a nicer one that you bargained for!
    I put this in general off-topic because more people will be warned and because it doesn't only have to do with computer, it deals with lying companies.
    Is there a way to 'fix' the firmware of a monitor?

2. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Buy a samsung :p

Umm, phone their support line claiming to have the monitor that officially supports that res, say that you're getting that message, then ask how to disable it.

3. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

Samsung FTW !
    but only cos im a massive chelsea FC supporter ,
    although they do make good products

4. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

I can't say I've ever owned a Samsung monitor. I hear very good things about them, and some bad things, like that they don't make there lcds, and that you can get a crap one(which is hard to believe.) I am in the 1680x1050 mode now, and the message is getting very irritating, and I'm getting used to the resolution, so when I finally have to change back, I will go nuts because of the friggen large icons and tall taskbar. I know that the resolution is only 240x150 pixels bigger, but it makes ALOT of difference. that size is about that of a palm pilot's screen, but with a much bigger density.

5. Snypedbyme2

Snypedbyme2 Guest

My comps a bit of BS too, I had it checked for why CoD4 wouldn't run and it says I need a better graphics card. BULL CRAP, I have the best graphics card around.

6. mrmagoo

mrmagoo New Member

Ya native res will look much better