Minecraft Survival Server Mass Minged

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by BlackDog, Oct 5, 2010.

1. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

If you had anything at all constructed on the Survival server, its gone, the whole place looks like a war happend, the giant pyrimid thing is 85% gone, most of the cliffs are even gone, my entire farm area, includeing like 30 blocks down is gone and on fire, they took out everything, i think we need a whitelist.

This must have taken more than an hour to do, i mean its all gone and destroyed

Edit: I see tnt scattered around and somone suggested they probably managed to bug out their inventory and mass produce it

2. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

There is a Dup bug. However the minecraft Survival and Build (largegrass) should be BB members only.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Working on getting an admin mod for it now. I suspect that Kaiden and his friends were blowing stuff up with TNT. The area looks as if TNT was used everywhere. Unfortunatly, this means I need to wipe everyones stuff.

Disregard that, I've been able to save everyones stuff.

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Shit sucks, And I agree with George, Should be [BB] only.

5. Teddi

Okay, I've added two key things to the server. One is Rune Magic, which expands the game to allow you to use magic in certain ways ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=29244 ). I figure it'd be a nice addition, but obviously if no one likes it, it can be removed.

I've also added Simple Server. Whilst I can't guarantee this to reduce griefing that much, I can restrict blocks such as TNT being used apart from by specific users. So yeah, hopefully this will restrict any griefing.

6. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

I really do need to get the full version.

But I can wait till Christmas or Jan 4th.

7. Tuorg

Tuorg Pootie Tang

although i don't play minecraft much anymore the BB only idea is pretty good

8. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Wasn't me, I know who it was though but I couldn't stop them. They were spamming 100s of TNT, just disable TNT yeah.

9. Teddi

Well, I've blacklisted TNT so only trusted players and above can use it. Means we need to promote people to that rank, but other than that, should help prevent griefing.