Changes to bans and admin related features in game

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

There's some rather major changes coming to the ban system (now punishment system) and AMen, these are:

• All bans have (or will soon be) been cleared (apart from a select few that will remain).
    • AMen will be upgraded from AMen to AMen 2
    Just to give an explaination, the way Ben did the ban system back in the day was pretty straightforwards, ban player, insert into database and that was it. The problem with this is that Admins can't even check what they were banned for previously which leads to the problem of having to rely on others and Admins to see if they remember they were banned, etc etc etc.

(If you're technical and you know how mysql works and you want a quick summary of how the current system works, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replace.html )

The new system that's to be released logs what bans the player has had, duration, person who banned them, etc etc. It'll also log punishments the player has recieved (ie mutes, cube locks, interest locks etc). This is a much needed upgrade (At least we think so) and it'll be required for both current and future gamemodes.

Admins are getting a few other tools, eg the ability to check previous names the player has had which should help enhance (and give Admins some more information) upon what is needed.

Regarding AMen 2, The way it was made up is not ideal, and it's also slightly troublesome when it comes to adding specific features, so that's being entirely redone (functions n everything).

I wonder if anyone will see what I did as well.

2. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How come you never talk to me about pushing big changes.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I do, you just go LoL time!

But on a serious note, it doesn't really affect you, and I'd document the functions anyhow in the event you need to use them.

4. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Dear Teddi

Thanks for the new changes

Amen2

5. Dan

Dan Active Member

Brandon Roberts will finally be unbanned?!?

also I love LoL add me :> DrDan