Terraria

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by flash31939, May 24, 2011.

1. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

Has anyone played Terraria? I recently got it and it is mind blowingly addictive. I just cannot stop playing it. It is only 10$ on Steam. You guys should try it out if you haven't. It is alot like Minecraft to where people started calling it the 2D Minecraft. It has nothing to do with Minecraft though. So I urge all of you to try it. I guarantee that you will love it.

2. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Was planning to get the 4 pack with my friends if that deal is still runnin'. Looks like a good game.

3. sConed

sConed Member

It's a great game, although I don't really think it should be called a 2D Minecraft. The basic concepts of gathering materials, building, and surviving are the same yes, but they have a lot of differing features. Terraria feels a lot more like an rpg, while Minecraft focuses much more on the building aspect.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

How does it feel like an RPG? From what I've seen they just have random monster attacks with added bosses.

5. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Keep in mind Teddi only plays Garrys Mod, hes never played another video game before.

6. sConed

sConed Member

The most obvious reason would be the various npcs/merchants, and the need to create and protect a proper home full of them. Also, the combat isn't so much of a 'fight to survive' like Minecraft, but once you get decent gear it becomes more like 'grind enemies for drops' as you would in other rpgs. The existence of random events and bosses helps toward that 'rpg feel' too. I felt that the world was more explorable too (Although certainly not as large as Minecraft's).

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

So Minecraft - z Axis + RPG elements = Terraria.

Just so they could be different? Gotcha.

8. Da Brus Drivur

Da Brus Drivur New Member

I like the glowing mushrooms in Terraria.