[SUGGESTION] A few Surf server suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Junior, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

1. It would be nice to see the name of the map in the Stage Selection, or replace the "Stage Selection" title 617faf58263ddbe7a3fc6ff337c1bb1c.png

2. Being able to see the hard server map (or easy servers when on the hard server)
    I think it should be an option in F1>Settings to display a little box with the maps, or a , or at least a command, like (!hmap, !hardmap)

3. Being able to have the option to hear and talk to ball-pitted people without being in the ball-pit, I know it's not a very great suggestion, but some of the people that get ball pitted are my friends, and my other friends are not in the pit, it would be irritating to keep switching back and forth.

Thank you!

2. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

good suggestions but the third one is already inplamented (sorda) idk if you knew since ur juniettt and i thought u knew just do bb_ballpit1 if you wanna see them and then bb_ballpit0 when u want out

3. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

"it would be irritating to keep switching back and forth."

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This can be added I guess. /map achieves the same thing but I suppose we can fit it on (somehow).

This can be added as well. I've been meaning to turn on cross-server chat as well for the surf servers ultimately linking them up so you're never out of contact with people on there. In terms of browsing all maps the server has to offer (I know this isn't directly what you're asking for, but it may be a decent side-effect) I'll probably enable some sort of /maps command that allows you to pull up the vote map list (sans actually voting for a map, or maybe i'll allow that for premature shits and giggles).

This isn't going to happen. I would recommend using discord in one of the channels or a similar VOIP service. Ballpitted users will always be segregated; while an inconvenience to yourself they shouldn't really be getting themselves ball pitted in the first place. If we start allowing for edge cases like these then it allows for weakening of the punishment over time.

Junior and Lightning like this.
  5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

First 2 sound fine, but 3rd one would just be weird someone having a one sided conversation as other players couldn't hear the ballpitted player; as Teddi said, use Discord or join Bpit with them.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Junior and Lightning like this.