Changes incoming to the donation system (Platinum)

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

If you want the TL;DR - scroll beneath the blocks of text or ctrl + f to "Donation Membership Changes".

Back in 2009 we introduced Platinum for two core reasons - a way to shake up how we received donations during what were turbulent times; and to try and offer something what we hoped was good value to players. It's nearly been 10 years and we've never increased the price - only increased the perks we offer.

Over the past few years with newer games; micro-transactions and games-as-a-server models have been popping up time and time again. While it's not been uncommon (in-fact, I'd argue it's more common to have a monthly style model in GMod) we've seen somewhat of an odd phenomenon happen - players are requesting that they would prefer a monthly-style model as opposed to the lump-sum model we have going on now. We've been reviewing it and having internal discussions over the past year about this and what it means for [BB] and we've come to an overall decision.

One thing I'd like to iterate here before we move on is anyone that has Platinum in its current format retains those perks as-is currently. In short: You keep what you donated for.

What this means is Platinum will be moving to a monthly payment model (30 days).

Donation Membership Changes

Platinum Changes($7.99, 30 days)

Platinum retains all perks in its current format, but switches to a monthly model (30 days) and the price becomes $7.99 per 30 days.
    Again to reiterate; if you have Platinum in its current format you will keep this.

From the 20th of December we'll be discounting Platinum to $10 until the changes above go live in the new year. Any memberships bought; used or unused (in the form of codes) will maintain the perks of the current system.

I'd like to invite anyone to submit feedback if they feel something could be better or improved; however this is how things will be assuming no further changes are made.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2021
  2. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

So people that have had platinum for a while now don't need to worry? Sorry if that is answered in this which I think it is.

3. Teddi

Correct, current Platinum holders don't need to worry.

Chase likes this.
  4. Teddi

Platinum is now $10.

Kaiden likes this.
  5. Teddi

Phase 1 of the process is now complete and Platinum is now $8.00 for 30 days. Further news will come in the following weeks as further plans are decided and implemented.

I do apologise for the delays in getting to this point; however unfortunately sometimes, these things take time!

Chaco #11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.