[BUG] Climb Nomination Glitch

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Daddy, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Daddy

Daddy [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

We've only a select few maps to play on the climb server and these can be rotated through relatively fastly, the only problem is this happens:
    [​IMG]

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Should be resolved once a couple more maps get added, I assume it has the same RTV rules where you can't RTV if you just have on the previous map, so a few more maps should been one is always off CD (can see one was only a minute away). I can't remember exactly what happens if there's none to vote for, I believe it chooses one at random, or perhaps the one with the shortest CD.

Lightning and NeverReady like this.
  3. Daddy

Actually, you can rtv maps as many times as you want. It doesn't hold the same feature as the other servers; however, if you're going to add a limit to rtv the maps should definitely not be an hour long. They don't get enough traffic to warrant that long of a playtime on a map that takes 10 minutes to beat.

4. Kaiden

I mean if you're hammering RTV then yeah you're going to reach a point when there's no maps left.

The timer is an hour long because players on here reported 30 minutes for some maps wasn't long enough.

5. Daddy

People complain the same on easy but that isn't an hour long. Im not trying to make argument I truly believe that an hour is far too long.

We beat all the maps and rtv'd afterwards, not hammering RTV. So the only way to solve that would be adding more maps, realistically

6. Kaiden

Imagine Teddi is open to more map suggestions, dunno if any more have been suggested yet.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

More maps will come, it's just a case of it still being a testbed there aren't more yet. It's the same situation as that IP isn't the finalised IP for the server yet - it's just on the test centre as there's a bunch of debugging and logging enabled for finding bugs etc. An hour may become more enjoyable if / when more challenging maps are put on and some sort of timetrial system enabled. However it's subject to change and 45 minutes may be more realistic.

Lightning likes this.