Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Kaiden, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So I'm no-lifing Dark Souls 3 atm (when not no-lifing/being AFK on Gmod). Wondering if anyone else is playing it? I'm like 15-20 hours in, and enjoying it so far! I played a lot of DS2 PvP, although didn't really play the first one at all.

Everyone I speak to either really likes the series or hates it it seems. In a game I like a challenge and don't mind fighting a boss multiple times trying to beat it, but a lot of people I speak to write the series off as too difficult and never bother.

If anyone's playing on PC we should be able to play together (add on Steam), as apparently if you password your summon signs basically anyone can see them if they know the password.

I'll assume most people know the series, if not have a cinematic trailer;

Teddi likes this.
  2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

I'm fucking shit at this game but that's because I only put like 2-3 hours into DS2 & DS1. I've only played a couple hours of DS3 but I mean I'm enjoying it. Too hooked on XCom 2 at the moment though.

3. Kaiden

I don't really know XCom 2, high metacritic score but lower player reviews, looks alright though!

Yeah I think DS3 is a timesink; unless you're rushing I expect first play through to probs take 40-50 hours (getting convenants, optional bosses etc). I play a caster and they've already nerfed a couple of spells hurr, but generally it seems well received so far!

4. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Steam's user reviews is skewed in the fact that most of the reviews are from launch week, which I did not play on. It had a lot of launch issues I think but it's been going pretty well so far!

5. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I'm honestly not a big fan of 3 so far, because most of its difficulty is quantity of enemies not quality of enemies.

6. eth9n

eth9n [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Dark Souls 3 is pretty great so far, I really enjoy the elements that returned from DS1 & DS2, as for the difficulty, this game is pretty much a breeze through co-op unlike the others.

7. Kaiden

I'm still pretty early in so can't comment too much! It seems well received, but PvP is a big part for me, and from the get-go I can see there's no cracked blue eye orbs for Blue Sentinels while there is one for red, so that seems like a pretty major over-sight. (Invading invaders #1)

I play a caster generally and apparently magic kind of sucks till mid-end game. In DS2 they nerfed casting over and over until I stopped playing when half the spells took up multiple attunement slots, were slower and hurt less lol. I'm hoping they don't do the same thing, but 2 weeks into western release they're nerfing stuff already D:

But enjoying going through the area so far! One thing I dislike is no bonfire aesthetics (DS2 item that let you repeat the area in harder difficulty to get the better version of the item). Means to get the +2 haste ring that I'll probably need I'll have to play through like 3 playthroughs.