Deathrun's Returns

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Killermon, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Over the years, BB has had a Deathrun server is some shape of form, but as those who have tried to play it will be aware, it kind of fell into a state of disrepair.

For the anniversary, we have completely revitalised it. A significant amount of the code has been re-written from scratch (So expect some bugs) and it now has all our modern, fancy BBase features that you've all come to love(Or possibly hate)!

So celebration of our anniversary and the re-launch of Deathrun, there's some items up for grabs. Each time you play a complete map (From 3 minutes after the map started until the level change with 10 or more players), you will be given a credit. Once you've accumulated enough of these, you will be awarded some limited edition items:

• The Headstone at 5 maps played
    • The Coffin Dodger at 15 maps played.
    Platinum players will get their original bonuses back, so now's a good time to pick it up. As a Plat, you will get the following on Deathrun.
    • 200 HP
    • Extra running and jump power
    What's more, we've re-done the cube award system, so now it's easier then ever to earn cubes - for the anniversary, you will now earn TRIPLE cubes, on top of your existing bonuses.
    • If you’re a runner, regardless of being dead or alive, you will get cubes on a round win.
    • If you’re a runner, you will get cubes for getting to the end and killing a death.
    • If you’re Death and you’re alive, you now get cubes for every runner who dies.
    So come play at: 96.44.144.130:27015

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Kaiden likes this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

18 players on at 00:30 GMT, seems to be a successful launch! Liking the new ghost effect on tombstones, and the UI overhaul in general.

3. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

We really need rtv

4. 12max345

12max345 Member

5. Kaiden

Am sure RTV wouldn't be hard to implement, although usually it's the 10 most popular maps on loop (iceworld, mario, poker, etc). Some of Killermons maps are great if they're still on there, they generally have [BB] in the name IIRC!

6. CrystalCastles

The biggest problem at the moment is that some maps are broken, as in there are literally no ways to win as a runner as it gives you no weapon if you make it to the end. But nonetheless we all wanted to rtv some maps that we were bored of etc so I think we should have the option and I kind of assumed it would be added soon anyway but as I said it's quite necessary when you can't win some maps. And yes, glacier is killermons map and we made sure to play it a few times last night. Really fun map.

7. Kaiden

You should get those map names and post them, as there's a lot on there and we're probably not aware which the issue ones are. Am sure RTV can be a thing though.

Yeah he's got some great ones!

8. CrystalCastles

I certainly plan on it next time it happens. But I thought in the meantime RTV could help us out on the player side of things while you guys are actually working on the servers. And I actually wasn't on last night when those maps were played but I think both max and Dan were on, I'm quite positive it was one of them who told me about the broken maps. So I'll be sure to ask them to see if they can remember the map names.

Kaiden likes this.
  9. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'll get RTV tossed on soonish, it's no extra work as it's the same module as the Surf one.

Killermon likes this.
  10. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

If people can post the broken map names, then I can check them out and fix them.

And added RTV

Kaiden likes this.
  11. CrystalCastles

The map "iceworld" is one of the broken maps. You get a gun at the end but do not have enough time to kill the death(s).

Brinker likes this.
  12. Kaiden

Can you elaborate? It only gives you a few seconds to kill Death as a runner? Can't remember that issue on Iceworld before.

13. Brinker

Brinker Member

Iceworld_V2, and yeah, basically you have to do the map pretty fast to have time at the end to kill the death, and since you spawn on the 1st floor, you have to walk all the way down to 3rd, like a zig zag where the death is just sitting there wasting time.

14. Kaiden

Not sure on the issue, get to the end of the map faster I guess? When there's 20+ people on traps will be triggered faster with more people speed running/baiting traps etc, if there's only 6 on the maps will take a lot longer.

Maybe some form of speed could be added to the death area like on some maps.

Brinker likes this.
  15. CrystalCastles

That should work, you run really fast at the end of some other maps but on this one you go too slow to even make it through half of the map before time runs out.

16. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The problem is the Green orb, it seems it covers both the Death area and the runner area meaning when they get TP'd to the top, it kills them. We'll look to spawning them elsewhere or somehow changing the kill trigger.

17. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

A lot of these won't get fixed untill the weekend - I wanna sit down and go through the map list. As a thank you for dealing with all these DR issues, I'll get a crate given to those who have played a decent number of rounds (As that's obviously being tracked!) once it's all better.

Kaiden, CrystalCastles and Brinker like this.