[QUESTION] Discord Bot

Discussion in 'Development' started by Teddi, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'm currently in the process of developing a [BB] discord bot (of which some of you may have seen being tested last night). Are there any features people would particularly like this bot to have in terms of offering [BB] related things?

TTS / Music isn't going to be a thing. Anything else is probably fair game.

Jr6150 and Kaiden like this.
  2. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Would be interesting to have some sort of plugin in the admin channel to check whether any admins are on - could be useful for checking whether anyone resolved a /admin query or such. I'm sure something to check player count would be beneficial as well

Kaiden likes this.
  3. Teddi

Well the [BB] API has the capability of pulling up a servers stats, so map / playercount is easy enough. Admin check is in theory feasible; however if they're AFKaiden then it doesn't help too much in that regard.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Pft server ain't too busy before I go to bed these days so I'm less of an issue! Although if I'm alt tabbed but there then notifications are still handy.

5. Teddi

On discord, you can now do !plat and it'll give you Platinum privileges. At the moment this currently only extends to a chat channel and a voice channel; however we'll look to extend these in what ways we can. Quite happily take feedback on this as well!

6. Teddi

Bot is now running 24/7 so you can activate your privs!

To do so, do !auth in a channel where the bot is. Once you've authenticated do !plat and follow the same instructions.

Make sure you can receive PMs from anyone on [BB] or else it won't work.

|Sneaks| likes this.