Goodbyes (Giveaway too)

Discussion in 'The Door' started by Squeaks, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Squeaks

Squeaks Member

So the entire community has decided to turn on me and be a giant asshole all together to me. I made a few friends but its obviously not where I am welcome or meant to be. I am going to do my final giveaway and goodbye to the server by giving away a $55 steam card. It is first come first serve so first person to read this gets it.

I had a bit of fun trying to be welcome and make friends but I guess I will just have to move on and keep trying. Thank you for the 1 year of fun, it means a lot to me.

If you are one of the very few people who were my real friend or you just want to keep in touch with me here is my profile... www.steamcommunity.com/id/furrywanker

So here you go for what most of you want and don't even care about my goodbye to the server..

Edit: CODE USED congrats to whoever got it.

Proof it is a real card: (Sorry about it being wrinkled it was in my pocket since I walked there and on the way back home.
    http://i.imgur.com/l1f9KFv.png | http://i.imgur.com/xz2U4Pl.png

Whoever wins, enjoy and congrats.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I feel you're over exaggerating in that everyone is against you, enough people I know had no issue with you. I won't attempt to cash in on your giveaway but am sure someone will appreciate it! Ultimately it's your choice to take a break from BB and I never try to make a player stay when they don't want to, so good luck and perhaps we'll see you in the future!

3. Kooger

Kooger New Member

I know this is a super old thread but I remember seeing Squeaks quite a bit, he started to become less active and wasn't as happy each time I saw him, he just got progressively more depressed just to be there in the server. I only remember maybe 4 people actually liking to talk to him and the rest were being pretty mean to him. I don't know their side of being a jerk to him so I don't know if it was drama but from what I saw he was being treated like garbage by a lot of people I don't think he was over exaggerating at all Kaiden. People ruined a place that used to be fun to someone, I haven't even seen him go on Steam since he left the server, I personally hope he's okay. I don't know what happened to him but hopefully he's still out there and just working stuff out and didn't get caught into a deep depression or god forbid end his life from depression, I personally enjoyed having him around and I miss him, I wish I could at least talk to him but he hasn't been online anywhere not even Discord or Kik..

4. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

I’m sure he’s fine, he’s probably taking a break.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

(Bored at work, so lengthy reply).

I believe he's just taken a break, if you're not enjoying an environment it's a sensible step to remove yourself from it which he has.

Ultimately our rules are very lax, and as such they create a candid culture within our servers with not much liberty taken for restrained communication. While I personally believe this has helped shape our communities over the years, it's not perfect, and as we see often you have clique-type groups form, people get shunned and even targeted at times.

I generally believe you get out of a server's community what you put in. If you're a quiet player, don't use mic and barely use text chat, you're not really going to be acknowledged by the server and certainty not made to feel unwelcome. You'll be many of the 100s of players we get each week joining, having a look, and staying if they find it's a good fit. If you start getting involved in mic use, joining discords etc, you quickly fall into the above candid culture which at times can be unforgiving. You see it occasionally where players try to get involved with these cliques/groups, get rebuffed and take it personally, when really they should rebound and just enjoy the server for what it is. Ultimately players are all seeking their own experiences though so I understand why it happens.

I do believe in allowing communities to direct themselves, as we see with unofficial discord groups cropping up, Skype groups, even steam groups at times. It's not something we want to try and oppress, rather it's healthy for players to have different outlets that they communicate on. I believe in this case Squeaks was involved in this sort of way with the community, and ultimately he had a negative experience. I feel as staff we're here to provide a server, and keep it an enjoyable place for our players. The community side is created by our players, and for the most part managed by our players outside of those breaking the rules. If we see trends developing that we don't agree with, such as recently for a few nights in a row we had people prank calling companies over the mic, we'll intervene. Stuff like that we don't agree with and will move the community away from doing so on our channels, if they want to do it in private they can.

In short, every community will have cliquey groups, silent players, players who want to chat loads, players who want to be the next server celeb and so on. Squeaks I feel wasn't sure where he should fit in within BB and ultimately he had a negative experience due to it, and feeling rejected by the circles he associated with. I stand by my statement he wasn't hated by the whole server, more likely he ran afoul of a group or certain individual players. If we see that behavior on our servers we will always attempt to mitigate it, but what happens out in our community within "unofficial" channels is ultimately up to our community.

6. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

Yea I agree I feel as everyone has a chance to come into this server and have a different experience some feel it isn't for them others just come to troll and we have us who decide to stay and enjoy the server to its fullest and as you said squeaks got the bad expierence and did not like it here so he felt he needed to give something to the community. I feel that we can't help everyone so squeaks was just the one who had a bad expierence. (Sorry if this was long as well felt like I wanted to say something and I was with squeaks so I knew what he was doing and how he felt. Sorry again Summer over but I have nothing to do since my laptop is crap and it got worse somehow.)

7. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

Reading this made me feel like I'm in [BB] High School.

|Sneaks|, Kaiden and Lightning like this.
  8. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

I just graduated from [BB] 8th grade now I hit high school and wow I feel the same.WAIT NO I feel like I just lost another *cough* give *cough cough* away. Ugh