Google Announcement 24/07/2013

Discussion in 'Gaming and Tech' started by Teddi, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

So Google are currently planning on announcing something at a breakfast today. No one is really sure what it is, but it's thought to be the new Nexus 7.2 which was missing from Google IO (even though Android was featured heavily there).

I would love it to be a Nexus 7.2 as I'm heavily interested in tablets at the moment with actual reasons to get one.

Current Stream (waiting to launch)

Roverrider likes this.
  2. Roverrider

Roverrider Member

About the video streaming stuff (they used Netflix) how would you think it works with disconnecting your device while it's playing? I saw how it's on the cloud, so you can make your device sync up and have control, but from your point of view do you think you could press that cast button and have the video continue playing on your device?

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Private vid, when/what's the announcement?

4. Roverrider

Roverrider Member

All about the Nexus 7, it was roughly an hour long and it does look really cool

http://reviews.cnet.com/google-nexus-7/
    That tells you just about everything they went over I think, I didn't fully read that but I watched the breakfast thing they did. One thing this article left out was the Chrome thingy that you plug into your TV's HDMI port and lets you send and queue up videos from YouTube through the cloud with your phone/tablet/pc, and lets you play Netflix from your phone/tablet/pc into your TV, using your phone/tablet/pc as the remote. They talked about the new Android Jellybean 4.3 and I'm sure their video will be an actual video you can see online soon.

5. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

I ordered one (a Chromecast), and I'm pretty excited for it.

Roverrider likes this.
  6. Roverrider

Roverrider Member

I saw on Tiger Direct it said the resolution is 1280x800 but the breakfast chat was saying it is 1920x1200, I'm pretty sure Google is right though.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Resolution is 1920x1200. The 2012 edition was 1280x800.

Chromecast seems neat, but I'm wondering if it's one of those things that will never be released outside of the US.