[FIXED] Lag on Players Joining

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I'm still getting a 0.5 second freeze when a player with items joins. I see them load as an itemless player, it then freezes, they move location and their items load in. I'm expecting am not the only one affected. In this instance it was Daniel who I imagine has several hundred items in inventory.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This one has been proving tricky to isolate, at first I was fairly sure it was related to the sheer amount of data being sent down from the database to the server, followed by the fact we're then blasting (in some cases) huge swathes of data out. However while we still send the blast of data from the database to the server, data is sent down in chunks now instead to the player (over 5 seconds) so I'm starting to wonder if it's due to how the clientside entities are being initialized.

It's incredibly annoying because it's wholly inconsistent and I can't seem to replicate it constantly.

3. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

We've done quite a few changes to this, so hopefully it's a lot better now.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Seems massively improved over the past few days, players encouraged to give feedback on discord. Not had a single screen freeze since change and FPS seems improved too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.