Map Selection Committee

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Fishy, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Fishy

Fishy Member

In order to increase the variation of maps available across our servers, we're cleaning up the process of selecting and implementing maps. Part of this process is having a committee of players that manages and discusses which maps would be suitable to be added. In this thread we'd like to invite interested players to apply to be part of the Map Selection Committee and help us sort through the maps being suggested.

Basic Requirements To Join
    • Committee members should be able to give constructive feedback on not only the maps being submitted, but on the inner workings of the committee itself.
    • Members should be able to comfortably complete maps so that they can accurately test the difficulty of each map being submitted. This is important in deciding which server to implement it on, or if it should even be added at all.
    What The Committee Does

As a member of the Map Selection Committee, you will partake in the following tasks:
    • Finding maps that would be suitable for BB servers.
    • Testing and examining submitted maps.
    • Constructively communicating with other committee members to decide whether or not a map should be used.
    • Using the Surf Area Management Tool to make surf maps server-compatible with stages.
    The Selection Process

1. With the formation of the committee, players can suggest maps to the following threads to be reviewed by the committee:
    2. The maps posted in these threads will then be discussed in a separate forum by the committee. After examining the map, the committee will either accept or decline a map and the original poster and community will be notified of the decision.
    • Submitted maps for surf will be setup with the surf tool to ensure they meet the competitive standards set here.
    3. After receiving the committees decision, Teddi will do a final review of the map(s) and upon his decision, will either decline the map or implement it in to the servers.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

As of now, we are looking for community members of all skill levels. If you would like to apply to be on the committee, please post a response to this thread explaining your experience with surf and why you should be accepted on to the committee. Again, please do not be discouraged from applying because of your skill level - certain servers, especially easy surf, require a varying level of skill to properly test the maps.

Until the committee is a bit more fleshed out, it will be primarily led by Eth9n, with input from Fishy and Kaiden.

Chase, Kaiden, Rhythums and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rhythums

Rhythums [BB] Admin Admin

I'm a new surfer but I can beat beginner so I think I have the skill needed to be on the committee.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  3. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I'd like to join. I'm a new surfer -ish but I can beat kitsune 2. I'd also love to add many more maps to this handsome/beautiful/cute server.