More happy is coming

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sin Vida*, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Sin Vida*

Sin Vida* Slayer of the Beast

[Youtube]ssOq02DTTMU[/youtube]

Snappy and.... reponkenslive

2. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Dear god, she sounds like my fucking sister.

3. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

4. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'm getting W7. Only thing is, I'll need to format my PC when I do, so I think i'll get me an external at some point.

6. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I just installed windows 7 today, the official version that is coming out next month....not beta....not RC, the real fucking thing.

Windows 7 ultimate (what I'm using) is just so much easier to use and faster, I went from about a minute in boot time to 20 seconds or less, and once I hit the desktop every program is already fully loaded, no waiting for shit to launch.

I've got two serial numbers and I might be willing to give one of them out (its reusable endless amounts of times on as many pcs as you want) for a fair price.

The only thing that I have problems with is the driver for my sound card (ht omega striker) but that's only because they haven't invested a lot of resources into the current version yet, when the release comes a new version will be out and Windows 7 will be smooth sailing for me. Till then, I'm relying on an older vista driver.

Oh, not only is it the next XP, its like XP on opium (which is like morphine on crack).

It's just so more user friendly, your first 20 minutes or so will be learning all the new shit but its just that easy. No tricks, no fucking shitty bugs.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Oh yea if you choose the "upgrade" option it takes like 2 hours almost

But a clean install takes like 20 minutes, just a heads up.

And if your doing an upgrade you have to do it from your desktop, it cannot be done during boot up from the disk.

Also if it recommends to uninstall or requires you to uninstall a program, just fucking do it. Even if its barney's magic hippy dildo land 2 uninstall and reinstall it after. It will avoid any possible issues once you've upgraded.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Just found a windows 7 fix for my sound card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/18991-ht-omega-striker-7-1-windows-7-problem.html

Second post read it if you have this card. It involves you making your own driver.

Don't worry it takes about two minutes to make it a monkey could do it.

7. Zeke

Another cool feature is desktop wallpapers, the default ones are just picture packs but every ten minutes or so (haven't timed it exactly) the desktop will change to a different picture. This can probably lead the way to full videos playing on your desktop. Can't wait to see what's going to come.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Ah and anyone looking for a soundcard cheap get the "HT Omega Striker 7.1" it has 7.1 support and its better than many $150 cards or higher.

8. TopgunZX

TopgunZX iYo vivo en el Internet!

I'v been using the Windows 7 RC for about 3 months now, since June. I love it so much more than vista. Yeah, the background thing is pretty rad, but i get an extra 35 minutes on my Dell xps laptop when using Windows 7!. Not only that, every game / program loads so much faster. Photshop loads faster, Zeke's right, it's like XP on crack without the lego blue and green colors.
    Another sweet thing to check out is Windows xp mode, so if any programs don't work with windows 7, just fire up windows xp within windows 7 in a new window and run that program.

9. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

I want it.

I already have the RC, need moar windows 7.

Gtg, just discovered bf1942 still runs.

10. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Already got it and it kept querying the IPv6 server of Microsoft causing my internet to bug out for a few minutes which is highly annoying.

11. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Might try and install it when it comes around as Vista Hates me and my computer,

12. Zeke

Haha I had that on Vista (well sort of) anytime I tried to install a wireless device that fucker blocked every product I tried.