Please, Do as you see.

Discussion in 'Deathrun' started by Newbrict, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Newbrict

Newbrict New Member

Deathrun, is called Deathrun for a reason.
    Please stop letting other people trigger the traps for you, the faster you play, the more rounds you play, the more money you make.

Learn:
    [video=youtube;5ZsBijr-bqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsBijr-bqM[/video]

Enjoy!

2. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

1. Who are you?
    2. Why do you think that you're so great at the game that you can just post this here like you're the best ever and anyone who takes their time thinking is terrible.
    3. You showed how to "Deathrush" on a grand total of three maps, are we to assume you can do this on every map, or just those three?
    4. Stop being a snob, some people don't play DR to make as much money as they can, they play to have fun.
    5. This really has nothing to do with it, but that song sucked.

3. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Xander, ladies and gentlemen.

He does make a good point though, why are you posting here after our server has been a ghost town for the past few months?

4. Newbrict

Newbrict New Member

I never said i was good, 99% of the time that anyone stays in the back of the line is because they want to make money, and they know that death = no money.
    what is there to think about, if you know what a trap does, you should know how to trick the trap, or at least try to.

The reason i posted this is because i am tired of rushing through half the trap, opening the map for every one else, then people wait for the next half-hour for the death to just spam the trap. Waiting is not fun!

5. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I miss the days where me and dumbo would just bunnyhop the damn maps and be generally faster than the death.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Reminds me that I really should get the new balancer and roundmanagement released soon.

Current changelog - (Some which are already in, rest most likely isn't)

• If a player says "Free Run", then they will recieve a warning. Players will only be warned once per session.
    • Fixed a bug in deathrun_ennui_v2 where death wouldn't be TP'd at the end.
    • Removed the anti-spray file and merged it with the player file.
    • Fixed spawning in the wall at spawn with deathrun_devfire_beta4.
    • Round times are now back to ten minutes per map.
    • Added message to notify players that pressing F3 as death does nothing.
    • dr_chateau_b2 added (Intended to add this a while back, accidently left it out)
    • deathrun_helix_beta_v2 added.
    • dr_pirateships_b3 added.
    • Endings for deathrun_deluxe_final are now active.
    • Endings for deathrun_dark_energy_fix_ are now active.
    • Endings for deathrun_iceworld_V2 are now active.
    • Sprays are now enabled. However you cannot spray while dead.
    • Gun placements on deathrun_unreal_final have been redone.
    • Non plats can also spawn as a female model now
    • Runners now collide with death.
    • Removed a double check regarding players speeds
    • Fixed gravestones being jumpy
    • Removed the top bar + messages
    • Changed how cube awarding now works in general. There must be active players on both teams to recieve cubes (instead of just players in the server)
    • Death no longer get their health restored when picking up a weapon
    • When cubes are awarded, you will recieve a message of how many you have been awarded.
    • Deathrun_rooftops_final has been slightly redone, certain teleports / entities have been removed and the final area with guns has also been redone.
    • Final two traps have had their buttons removed on deathrun_warehouse_final
    • Door and button for said door have been removed on deathrun_warehouse_final
    • The planks at the start of deathrun_pool_final have been removed.
    • The bunnyhop stage on deathrun_pool_final has been disabled.
    • The crusher trap on dr_machine_of_doom_v2 has been re-added, however death cannot activate the trap itself.
    • One of the blades from the slicing trap on dr_machine_of_doom_v2 has been removed. This should make it slightly fairer to runners.
    • Ents have been redone on deathrun_silenthill_v2. There will no longer be random missing entities.
    • Fish on Deathrun_marioworld_final are surfable again
    • Bowow trap on deathrun_marioworld_final is active again.
    • Removed the lazer fix in Deathrun (BBase now contains a global modification system)
    • Round management has been vastly improved with localised functions for both teams.
    • Detection of players ragequitting and leaving no players on a team has been improved.

7. Newbrict

Newbrict New Member

How come? D:

8. Teddi

Well with the first point it's because it requires some luck to effectively do it. The platforms at that and it only takes one slight movement to trip as it is. 90% of people don't get that far anyhow, so if they do, kudos to them.
    As for the second one, it's because many people get bored simply waiting for the glass to break and the death to kill the runners.

An extra point I missed by the way was-

• Runner / Death management has been redone. 12% of the entire active player population will be chosen as death at random each round. The longest you can be death for is three rounds before a cooldown is applied and the balancer has to pick other people. This is intended to prevent people from being stuck as death for entire map durations.

Oh and
    • Numerous fixes for lazers on maps. Not going to list them all, but at least 95% of them should work.

9. Newbrict

Newbrict New Member

Maybe you could use VTFedit to lessen the time between spawning in the room and the glass breaking?
    It's a good bonus IMO :(

10. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hearing about the warehouse buttons brought back memories:

Back in the days, when warehouse was not yet final, lots of laughter and frustrated Deaths were had.

11. Teddi

I can just use lua to fire the input timer to reduce the time. But it's still annoying as hell when the runners keep jumping in to avoid the deaths. I would get Knii to fix it if he was online more.

I know it's frustrating for the players that are actually good at deathrun and enjoy rushing etc, but you have to understand that for the rest of the people, they run in there and stand there. In this case you can use that situation to your advantage and just rush. Oh and I'm going to be popping out a couple of new maps for surf within the next hour or so.

12. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Fux'd

13. Teddi

If Dumbo wasn't such an arse, I wouldn't mind letting him back in too much to let him play again.

But he is, so yeah.

14. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Why, and how do you people somehow manage to misspell my name every time. It's Xandrah, look, it's literally right there next to anything I post, or at the top of quotes. And to actually be "good" at Deathrun still requires a ton of luck.

15. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Xander, not realizing that people are doing this intentionally.

16. Newbrict

Newbrict New Member

It requires no luck!
    It is all observation, and ability to think quickly.
    If you think deathrun is luck based, you will never be good at it.

17. Ashman

Ashman Member

its a combination of luck, not caring if you die, precision and speed

inb4 thats what she said

18. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Beating any deathrun map:
    • Learn bunnyhopping
    • Rush