Red Dwarf 10!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Perry, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

Just watching ep 1 now, it seems as good as all the other series (laugh track a bit overused, i can tune it out though) and I'll say more tomorrow when I finish it.

Watch it and tell me what you think :eek:

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Seen the first few series, apparently goes pretty down hill after 7 ish when Rimmer leaves.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I would say all of the series are excellent, but it's 5/6 where it flounders just a little. Everything afterwards (not counting the now retconned ending) is pretty solid.
    The only thing is we lost Holly which is a huge loss because he really made up some of the scenes at times.

Also they're using a laughter track now? It used to be filmed in front of a live studio, so if they've changed that then that isn't a good sign.

Edit:

Watched it now, some of the early gaffs were a little weak but I didn't notice the laughter track too much (maybe i just tune those things out these days).

It was a solid episode, but the comedy really needs to be upped.
    Didn't make me laugh nearly as much as some of the older ones do :(

4. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Dave said that most of this episode was filmed in front of a live audience - you can tell where they pause after a joke to allow people to laugh. Whilst I enjoyed it, I think it was one of the weaker Red Dwarf Episodes and not as good as some of the classics. It did have some brilliant Red Dwarf humour in it, but I also felt like it tried too hard in some area's. I also miss the low budget props and Sfx :v:, they added character

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I was actually rather glad that it still does have some of that grungy 90's sheen to it on the screen.
    Though the scutters need to make a return.

6. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!