Requesting unmute/unsandbox and further punishment on others

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Radiant, Jul 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiant

Radiant New Member

First of all, Spooks, Buleeg, George F, and Richard Jackson should have their punishments be increased. They were talking shit on Jomos unprovoked, when he hadn't even said anything to get him punished. I was involved in the arguing as well, but in defense of Jomos. I understood when Buleeg, Spooks, and George F got ballpitted and sandboxed because they were literally spouting racist shit in the main vc, but Jomos and I got ballpitted because the mods didn't wanna have to deal with it, even though dealing with it is literally their fucking job. When I called them about it to ask why he and I were being ballpitted, the only response they gave was "appeal it in forums." Of course, I go here, and the first thing it says is that if you appeal for that reason you get worse punishment. I'm like "what the fuck" and call them out on that, and when I continue to try and get an actual answer from them, they fucking sandbox me. I've only been playing gmod for a few days and I thought that gmod surf was way more chill than every other game lobby I've been in, but now mods are grouping me with trolls in punishment length for not complying to them trying to fucking george orwell me, and I can't tell if this is extremely out of character for the server or if this is just how things are. Please tell me it's not the latter.

2. Radiant

Radiant New Member

My steam ID is 76561198194897879

3. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

Hello Radiant! Appreciate you taking my advice to take your issue to forums! Some information: we do not normally remove a minuscule punishment such as the one Mira gave you today, but I will assure you Jomos has not been punished for any poor actions and the other infractors were indeed rightfully punished, so no worries there. We do have guidelines in place that we abide by here: https://bbservers.co.uk/globalrules/ so I do believe Mira was within their right to provide with a minor punishment to calm the server down as a whole, especially considering you are admitting to being apart of the disruption. I tried to answer you the best I could, but you were further argumentative in text chat, as admins can check chat logs to see that exchange. You used some very colorful language about it aswell, and i asked you repeatedly to please refrain. so I decided you needed a short break on text aswell. I am glad to see you ended up taking my advice to appeal, but I do believe we were well within our right to go ahead with this punishment, being as it is so short.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Can see this has already expired so no action needed. Would need evidence to apply further mutes to people, can always record videos and post them. FYI arguing with admins in game will generally lead to mutes as it often doesn't result in a productive discussion. A very small minority of our players ever get punishments, so it's not a common occurrence.

I'd suggest just using /admin to report rule breakers if you encounter them, and letting admins who join mute those continuing to break the rules without intervening. Alternatively use the /ignore system to mute those you don't want to hear.

Chaco #11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.